PDA

View Full Version : Glenallen Hill signed game worn San Francisco SF Giants Away Jersey 1996 sz 44

SharksFan
12-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Very interested in this jersey, I don't know very much about Giants jerseys, I do have a few of G.A game used jerseys, Cubs and Yankees were a size 50, His first couple of years with Toronto, he wore a 44. This jerseys seems small for him, He was pretty good size by the time he played with the Giants. Anybodies thoughts.

Thanks

sox83cubs84
12-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Very interested in this jersey, I don't know very much about Giants jerseys, I do have a few of G.A game used jerseys, Cubs and Yankees were a size 50, His first couple of years with Toronto, he wore a 44. This jerseys seems small for him, He was pretty good size by the time he played with the Giants. Anybodies thoughts.

Thanks

It does seem a bit small, but do you have access to pictures to post?

Dave Miedema

SharksFan
12-21-2012, 04:05 PM
E-Bay Link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glenallen-Hill-signed-game-worn-San-Francisco-SF-Giants-Away-Jersey-1996-sz-44-/300835700121?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460b347d99

Thanks

sox83cubs84
12-23-2012, 04:05 PM
It looks like a retail jersey. With rare exceptions, Russell-made MLB gamers feature a fabric content tag, usually flagged underneath the Russell label. While an occasional one legitimately does not, that missing 100% Polyester tga plus the size leads me to advise avoiding this one.

Dave Miedema

xpress34
12-23-2012, 08:36 PM
It looks like a retail jersey. With rare exceptions, Russell-made MLB gamers feature a fabric content tag, usually flagged underneath the Russell label. While an occasional one legitimately does not, that missing 100% Polyester tga plus the size leads me to advise avoiding this one.

Dave Miedema

Dave -

Not completely true. The Rockies (who used Russell from Day 1 until the Majestic change over) have to have been the most inconsistent tagging team in the majors.

I have had LOTS of GU and GI Russell jerseys (directly from the Rockies) over the years and even in the same year runs, they may or may not have a tag until the Russell tag with player name and #. Some have no extra tagging, some have extra length tags, some have ALL the tags (Strip Tag with name and jersey, extra length tag, etc).

As I stated in another thread, the Rockies never used SET tags, rarely have year tags... I have offered many times to Aaron suggestions to help with the authentication of jerseys from the Rockies.

The odd thing is that Pants on the other hand have almost always been tagged with year, size, name, etc. for the Rockies.

All the best -

Smitty

xpress34
12-23-2012, 08:38 PM
'until the Russell tag' should read "UNDER the Russell Tag".

SharksFan
12-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the feed back

sox83cubs84
12-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Dave -

Not completely true. The Rockies (who used Russell from Day 1 until the Majestic change over) have to have been the most inconsistent tagging team in the majors.

I have had LOTS of GU and GI Russell jerseys (directly from the Rockies) over the years and even in the same year runs, they may or may not have a tag until the Russell tag with player name and #. Some have no extra tagging, some have extra length tags, some have ALL the tags (Strip Tag with name and jersey, extra length tag, etc).

As I stated in another thread, the Rockies never used SET tags, rarely have year tags... I have offered many times to Aaron suggestions to help with the authentication of jerseys from the Rockies.

The odd thing is that Pants on the other hand have almost always been tagged with year, size, name, etc. for the Rockies.

All the best -

Smitty

Smitty:

I was referring to the fabric content tag (100% Polyester, 100% Nylon or Intera), not the year/set/name/etc. strip tags.

I agree with you about the Rockies' inconsistencies in that regard. And, with the 1993s, there were many that didn't even carry the fabric content tag, either. Most of the 1993s that Ball Park Heroes purchased from the Rockies a year or 2 later had Rockies LOAs, but no polyester/nylon/intera tagging (as well as no name.year/set IDs).

Dave Miedema