PDA

View Full Version : Bid on an item that I think is bad

packfan84
12-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Hey guys. I was wondering if you could give me some advice for an auction I bid on without doing my homework. I was viewing this auction on my phone and basically just took the auctions headline as validation of the item being legit since the auction house has been reputable in the past. I'm guessing I am SOL since I ended up winning, but do I have any other options since the auction was actually wrong and misleading.

Here is the auction: http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=76095&qf=title&t=Closed&q=kinsler&p=0

The hologram number links up to a team issued jersey. The actual Kinsler hologram is FJ823974. I have photo matches of Kinsler in that game and he never got dirt on the front of the jersey. In fact, there is a spec above the X in the photos that does not appear on this jersey. There is also a #66 written on the front tag which is bullpen catcher Josh Frasier.

Photo Match:

I have never dealt with these guys before and this jersey is basically a piece of junk. But this is partially my mistake for not doing my homework like I always do.

I have tried contacting them but have not heard back. Any advice?

jppopma
12-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Your research looks spot on and I would not blame yourself for bidding based on a description. The burden of honesty should overrule anyone's lack of time to fully research any item.

Best of luck on getting in touch with them, a search will provide alot of information. Hopefully some other members have some connections to get you in touch with them. Otherwise, you may need to dispute the payment (if credit card or paypal), or file a small claims case.

trsent
12-22-2012, 02:16 AM
I'm sure your concerns are genuine, and I don't have experience with Rangers jerseys, but I know some teams the MLB holograms state "Team Issued Jersey" for both game used and game issued - They never differentiate.

I know this to be fact for Minnesota Twins jersey as an example - They are generally all team issued. I have owned them before with great game use.

Now, if your jersey doesn't have attributes found in game footage, that is reason enough for concern and the auctioneer should remove your bid since you requested such after your video findings.

jppopma
12-22-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm not so much concerned about the team issued hologram. What bothers me with this an other JRD jerseys is when they are sold as a superstar jersey when they could have been used by anyone (since full teams wear 42 these days).

In this case, the #66 written on the tag would denote that it was worn by the bullpen catcher and not Kinsler. Also, since the auction has ended it will definitely be harder to get the money back. Seeing that it only ended a few days ago, have you already paid?

packfan84
12-22-2012, 12:22 PM
I still haven't paid for the auction yet. I am waiting to hear an explanation from them, but really have no interest in sending them $400+ for a bullpen catcher's jersey. I am now 100% sure that Kinsler did not wear it. There is another hologram number that is assigned to Kinsler saying it was worn by him. I own the Craig Gentry JRD jersey and his number 23 is written on the tag, I'm pretty sure that all of the JRD Ranger jerseys originated on eBay through All Pro Classics, I am going to contact them to see if they have the photo of the actual Kinsler.

worldchamps
12-22-2012, 03:40 PM
The autograph is bad too, the added extra letters in kinsler