PDA

View Full Version : ABC Batting Helmets

stepback_antiques
12-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Hello Everyone, can someone tell me what year American Baseball Cap started imprinting their logo on the back of their helmets? I recently found an early flapless ABC helmet at an out of the way antique store and bought it for $23.00. There is the pro celd sticker inside, as well as a small,square American Baseball Cap sticker which I never encountered before. All of the padding is intact, and the circular pad in the crown of the helmet is brown. There is a #12 in Dymo tape on the back of the helmet. The early Houston Astros logo is painted professionally on the front and shows honest wear. Did early Houston helmets have their logos painted on at any time in their history? I will try to post a picture soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

dwight24
12-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi Mike,

What I do know is that the "Pro-Celd" was a registered trademark, registered in September 1967, so, the earliest that you would see a helmet with that sticker in it would be 1968.

As a side note, is this helmet a fiberglass one? I collect fiberglass batting helmets from any team. Would you consider selling it? If so, let's talk off line. My email address is:

mandlhiggins@msn.com

Thanks,

Mel