PDA

View Full Version : New Logos for MLB Caps Spring Training - Braves rated the worst

suave1477
12-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Personally I think the Yankees are the worst but thats just me:rolleyes:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/16228/first-look-new-mlb-batting-practice-caps

rogergoochman
12-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I personally like the braves logo. Im not a fan of the tampa bay sunburst, looks like someone created it with mspaint.

gorilla777
12-27-2012, 07:02 PM
The best is the Brewers alternate version, with Miami and the Mets both being pretty bad.

commando
12-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Those Mets and Rays caps look like something you'd see a minor league club wearing!

gingi79
12-27-2012, 09:56 PM
The Braves have a very strong relationship with the tribe that was part of the Atlanta community. Ditto the Florida State Seminoles. Pasty white kids from the suburbs who take up causes without researching the history and use a blanket comment like "We need to stop using Native American imagery" are actually much more racist than the teams who depict them. It reeks of superiority, as if Native Americans need the help of a white man. Just like saying "I'm not racist I have an African American maid and I donate $10 a month to Feed the Children"

I think the Reds and Mets look childish but it's just my opinion. Houston looks great. Ditto the Orioles. I think the Blue Jays took a huge step back. Going back to that awesome old school bird and then getting rid of it a season later? Dumb in my opinion.

chakes89
12-27-2012, 10:21 PM
(Cough) Fugly! (Cough)

hohlernr1
12-28-2012, 12:48 PM
I like most of the designs. Gives me another reason to buy a new Tribe hat!

jppopma
12-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Nothing I'd go running out to buy, though some of the logos are cool. Being a Tigers fan, I can say that I am *yawn* disappointed. The white panel design is already available on tons of replica stuff. The gray? I never have picked up on the whole gray movement that has been going on (ie; sweatshirts) for a couple of years. Maybe I'm just getting old and these caps look better this way with the flat brims.

slab0meat
12-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Shocking, more new and cool stuff *cough* from MLB.. all in the name of the fans though, no cash grabs here.

sox83cubs84
12-29-2012, 03:30 PM
The Braves have a very strong relationship with the tribe that was part of the Atlanta community. Ditto the Florida State Seminoles. Pasty white kids from the suburbs who take up causes without researching the history and use a blanket comment like "We need to stop using Native American imagery" are actually much more racist than the teams who depict them. It reeks of superiority, as if Native Americans need the help of a white man. Just like saying "I'm not racist I have an African American maid and I donate $10 a month to Feed the Children"

+1

I looked at the new Cubs BP cap...very similar to the 1994-2008 Cubs road game cap. I give it a thumbs up.:)

Dave Miedema