PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Phillies Wanted

JD&TANMAN
10-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Looking for all years Phils jerseys, prefer older but buying all years. Have many to trade if interested. Also looking for Thome Phillies Bat, Howard Bat, Utley Bat. Pre 1980 Phils bats, thanks-email- ddow1@msn.com

sportscentury
11-01-2006, 02:13 PM
I emailed my list of high-end Phillies game used items (Schmidt & Carlton) to you. If you did not receive it, I can be reahced at rgf2@hotmail.com ... good luck with your collecting.
Reid

mphcollectibles
11-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Have a few Dykstra bats with Philly Team LOA's.

JD&TANMAN
11-15-2006, 07:42 PM
I am still looking, If anyone can deal with the unprofessional phony who is selling a collectors great Phillies collection, I would love to purchase some, maybe purchase together for a price break..but I will not deal with the seller. Thanks

hblakewolf
11-15-2006, 07:56 PM
[I am still looking, If anyone can deal with the unprofessional phony who is selling a collectors great Phillies collection, I would love to purchase some, maybe purchase together for a price break..but I will not deal with the seller. Thanks

Mahlon-
HUH?????? Who might this be???????

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmeda.net

darylv1
11-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Yes Mahlon, please clear it up. There are a couple of us selling Phillies collections....

JD&TANMAN
11-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Whoa guys certainly neither of you...both are always gentleman and hope you did not take it as you. I was trying to not use names but the ebay seller who is selling the VERY large collection for someone else. Sorry again! MD

TNTtoys
11-16-2006, 02:25 PM
JD,

Your message is fairly alarming to many of us here. There are a few sellers of Phillies gear that I can imagine are happy that you "vindicated" them, but there are others like myself who are buying Phillies items (for instance, I bought a very niceVukovich jersey a few wks ago from Daryl). Your message makes me think twice about buying now (at least not from Daryl) because any of the sellers I buy from could be a "phony" as per your post. I checked ebay, and to the best of my knowedge, there is nobody selling off a large Phillies collection. There are a few sellers out there who have 10 or 20 items; some I am familiar with (reputable sellers such as Left Field Collectibles and Ball Park Heroes) and others that I am not (i.e. Beavertown Trading company and Vickssports). Is it right now for me (or other buyers) to pre-judge sellers of Phillies collectibles because I have only half the facts? If you don't want to name names, why even post something like that?

Nick

sportscentury
11-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Mahlon,

There are a couple of Phillies collections being sold right now. Can you clear this up please? I hope you will respond as I did not receive any responses to my last post or private emails.

Thank you,
Reid

JD&TANMAN
11-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi, sorry I am not getting the private messages...not sure why but anyway. The salesman is phony, and just that-- a unprofessional salesman. To the best of my knowledge the items are legit and very collectable. I just know as do othes on here that the fellow selling the collection is not a collector, does not know values. Again the collection that I was offered was great and not a worry it is the approach that I have problems with. Sorry, if this has been misunderstood, and no harm was meant for anyone on here -- if you look at my original post, I was willing to purchase some with someone, just not deal with the seller.

Vintagedeputy
11-17-2006, 08:55 PM
I have a 77 LS bat of Tom Underwood that I might consider selling. Any interest?

Randarino
12-23-2006, 10:43 PM
The "unprofessional phony" being referred to is me, and here's why I will NEVER EVER deal with Mahlon Dow. For 2 years, the guy asks to purchase items WAY BELOW the asking price (which aren't made by me, but by the owner). Then he gets upset when I can't sell them. I made a deal with man 2 years ago once, and frankly thought he was a nice guy. But later dealings showed he was a VERY LATE payer, then agreed to items only to not pay or respond to emails asking when payment will be made. Last month, this man emailed me saying he wanted to deal with me again and had "lots of money" to spend. I went out of my way to lower prices for him, then he again opted to back out of a scheduled meeting. After getting insulted, I insulted the man back and blocked him from email. If anyone wants to know about me, look at my positive eBay feedback 99.8 percent positive with about 1,300 sales. (The only 4 negative feedbacks were in retaliation for me first leaving it for non-payers). And, yes, most everything I have comes from a very respected collection.
Randy

skyliner59
12-24-2006, 12:28 AM
My backround is in the equity options business. Brokers are middlemen. Their jobs are to bring buyers and sellers together at agreed upon prices. I have dealt with brokers my entire career presenting possible option trades. As in any industry there are good and bad. The broker in question representing this humungous collection has portrayed upmost professionalism with me in our past dealings. He has gone out of his way to represent not only his best price but will also hand deliver. He displays great knowledge of the industry and baseball in general. I would be more than glad to answer any questions regarding this collection and representing broker. splayford1@comcast.net.

JD&TANMAN
12-25-2006, 10:09 AM
There are too many wrong issues to respond to and I wont...enough has been said, and I will no longer be on this site.

chakes89
12-25-2006, 05:07 PM
why is this such a big deal?