PDA

View Full Version : Game Issued 2008 Jersey

capnsteve2
01-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Hello everyone!

I am new to this board, but if anyone is also on SCN I go by the same screen name there. I am a longtime collector and have a few game used items in my collection, but am going to start focusing more on that aspect. Presently I have a few items given to me by players: a Mike Adams glove, Heath Bell glove, Joey Votto batting glove, Mike Baxter Jersey (purchased through Padres), Ted Simmons jersey (purchased through padres) and a few others.

Recently I made a purchase on eBay of a 2008 all star jersey which was given to the seller by a player. I have verified that part of the story.

I have not yet received the jersey but I am wondering if it may be game issued. When it arrives, I'd like to inspect it. Does anyone know what #'s the tags would read on them for that particular year? Keep in mind it is a BP jersey for the National League.

Thank you very much and I look forward to posting on here in the future!

jppopma
01-02-2013, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the board. On the ASG jerseys, there are often extra issued jerseys floating around be it from media experiences, other events, or signed versions. If you do a search on All Star Game jerseys on the forum, they have been discussed many times in the past.

I've got one of coaches jerseys from the 08 game, but do not have it handy. I will try to take a look and post the codes if I get a chance to dig it up.

A few thing to look at with these ASG jerseys is that all of the game worn or issued jerseys are number sized, where most authentics are letter sized. Another thing is that all of the ASG jerseys I have seen are MLB authenticated. They will show as either being game used or player signed.

Personally, I am always hesitant on buying jerseys that are "given" by the players. While players often hand out gloves, bats, and other smaller items..most teams keep tight tabs on jerseys. Being the ASG, there may have been extra sets for the players to keep though.

capnsteve2
01-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Hi and thanks very much for the info. Knowing that they are sized alone should help me out tremendously.

Just to be clear, the seller did not advertise it as game issued or used in any way. But he was able to get it directly from the player, so I am hoping he just didn't know. Either way, once I receive it, I will post pictures!

jtorrez
01-03-2013, 10:55 AM
The code for a team issued BP All Star Game jersey should be 0068. That along with it being a numbered sized jersey should tell you if it is team issued or retail authentic.

capnsteve2
01-03-2013, 08:44 PM
The code for a team issued BP All Star Game jersey should be 0068. That along with it being a numbered sized jersey should tell you if it is team issued or retail authentic.

Thank you! I will post up pictures tomorrow or the day after when it arrives. Keeping my fingers crossed!