PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help With Black NL Ball Marks On An AL Game Used HOF'er Bat

Ozric
01-03-2013, 10:12 AM
I was lucky enough to pick up a number of game used items directly from Wade Boggs. All came directly from him and were all signed as game used. Everything was perfect, but one bat in particular has me shaking me head... A 1999 Rays bat that is perfect in every way, but has no blue ball marks. It has a number of black ball marks only. 1999 was the last year the NL used the black logo balls and the Rays had several interleague games played away from home that year including a 6 game road trip to Atlanta and Montreal. What are the odds that Wade would have only used this bat for that 6 game interleague stretch since there are no blue ball marks to be found... Anyone see anything like this before on an AL bat from that era during interleague play? That's the only guess I have. Any ideas from anyone else...

Thanks,

Tim

jppopma
01-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Just a guess but maybe they may use cheaper non official league balls in the cages?

joelsabi
01-03-2013, 09:48 PM
I was lucky enough to pick up a number of game used items directly from Wade Boggs. All came directly from him and were all signed as game used. Everything was perfect, but one bat in particular has me shaking me head... A 1999 Rays bat that is perfect in every way, but has no blue ball marks. It has a number of black ball marks only. 1999 was the last year the NL used the black logo balls and the Rays had several interleague games played away from home that year including a 6 game road trip to Atlanta and Montreal. What are the odds that Wade would have only used this bat for that 6 game interleague stretch since there are no blue ball marks to be found... Anyone see anything like this before on an AL bat from that era during interleague play? That's the only guess I have. Any ideas from anyone else...

Thanks,

Tim

If you bought it directly from him, why cant you explain your confusion on a particular bat and get an answer from him yourself. i am pretty he would entertain a question or two from you.