PDA

View Full Version : Hideki Matsui's NYC Public Signing...

marino13
01-03-2013, 05:33 PM
... If you have options - what would you get sign for keepsake? How about for "flipping" purpose?

My options are as follow:

1. Two bats - Black's (rarely seen used) and Ash's version.

2. One set of used batting gloves.

3. A couple authenticated 2009 WS Batting practice balls.

4. A game issued jersey.

My budget only allows two items to be signed - and if I really really stretch it, I might get four.

Your thought?

wsohlcano
01-03-2013, 05:54 PM
If you can get 4 i would get one bat. The batting gloves and the jersey.

I'm hoping MAB can get him soon also.

Good luck

Bill

trsent
01-03-2013, 07:20 PM
How much is it per autograph? Isn't getting the gloves signed at retail too expensive based on what it would do to the value of the gloves? Wouldn't the value of the jersey and/or bats increase more?

metsbats
01-03-2013, 08:07 PM
1/26/13

12-1:30pm

At the Steiner Sports Store
Roosevelt Field Mall
Garden City, NY 11530
800-242-7139

Pricing
$200 Flats up to 8x10 / Balls
$225 Large Flats
$275 Bats / Jerseys / Clothing / Numbers / Gloves / Helmets
$75 Inscription - "09 WS MVP" or Name In Japanese Only

marino13
01-03-2013, 08:28 PM
I was thinking the two bats, game issued jersey and WS batting practice ball.

It would be nice to get them MLB authenticated - but that aint going to happen. I still dont know the process to have the authenticator put a hologram on the item(s) - he is going to be right next to Matsui.

I agreed about the gloves - game 6 WS ticket and some generic baseball - these do not carry "flipping" value.

trsent
01-03-2013, 08:36 PM
I was thinking the two bats, game issued jersey and WS batting practice ball.

It would be nice to get them MLB authenticated - but that aint going to happen. I still dont know the process to have the authenticator put a hologram on the item(s) - he is going to be right next to Matsui.

I agreed about the gloves - game 6 WS ticket and some generic baseball - these do not carry "flipping" value.

I think the practice ball is a waste of money, his certified autographs on eBay sell for about $75-$125 - Your ball isn't worth enough to justify that price.

If they have MLB there, they can put the sticker on right after they witness him sign your item. Ask Steiner how much extra that will cost.

marino13
01-03-2013, 09:49 PM
I think the practice ball is a waste of money, his certified autographs on eBay sell for about $75-$125 - Your ball isn't worth enough to justify that price.

If they have MLB there, they can put the sticker on right after they witness him sign your item. Ask Steiner how much extra that will cost.

:D

2009 WS Practice ball with MLB hologram is not in the same category as regular baseball, IMHO.

And since my stretch budget is FOUR - I am not going to pay for one GLOVE to be signed.

And I have a shadow box frame in mind - Jersey hang on the back, two bats criss-cross and the signed WS practice ball on bottom. Dont know how much that going to cost - but I think that would be one sick combo.

wsohlcano
01-03-2013, 10:40 PM
There is a nice looking wristband going on EBay.

That would look cool with the jersey and gloves.

trsent
01-04-2013, 09:11 PM
:D

2009 WS Practice ball with MLB hologram is not in the same category as regular baseball, IMHO.

And since my stretch budget is FOUR - I am not going to pay for one GLOVE to be signed.

And I have a shadow box frame in mind - Jersey hang on the back, two bats criss-cross and the signed WS practice ball on bottom. Dont know how much that going to cost - but I think that would be one sick combo.

I'm sorry, but a practice ball used before a World Series game will have no value down the road. I can promise you this.

marino13
01-05-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry, but a practice ball used before a World Series game will have no value down the road. I can promise you this.

Since I cant afford or locate an actual game used ball from 2009 world series, batting practice ball is my next best bet.

The ultimate display case that I was thinking need a baseball to complete. I still have a couple weeks to decide if I want to change it.

PS. I might contact my hookup if they can get a game ready '09 World Series - I might be just as happy with that. :D

legaleagle92481
01-05-2013, 02:35 PM
... If you have options - what would you get sign for keepsake? How about for "flipping" purpose?

My options are as follow:

1. Two bats - Black's (rarely seen used) and Ash's version.

2. One set of used batting gloves.

3. A couple authenticated 2009 WS Batting practice balls.

4. A game issued jersey.

My budget only allows two items to be signed - and if I really really stretch it, I might get four.

Your thought?

The gloves. Batting gloves look really cool signed. The bats I think would have most value if they are used so I would get them also.

maverick14
01-05-2013, 08:33 PM

I have to agree with this statement.
It's quite pricey but if you absolutely had to have one here is a gamer.
http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2117169&prmenbr=55076099&aunbr=2117169

marino13
01-06-2013, 12:19 AM
I have to agree with this statement.
It's quite pricey but if you absolutely had to have one here is a gamer.
http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2117169&prmenbr=55076099&aunbr=2117169

Thanks for the lead but NO WAY I am going to spend about $1k for it. I dont see it is going for lesser than that.

Either way, I am sending out a request for a game-ready ones from someone who had accessed to them - hopefully, I wont get hurt with it.

I picked up one in the past and gave it away since I never thought I will have a chance to meet up and getting an autograph from Matsui or Jeter. But now, things change thanks to Matsui retirement. :D

nevrdiez34
01-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Personally I'd go with both bats and the game issued jersey. Batting gloves are nice and all, but I've seen a ton of gloves with bleeding on the signatures, especially when signed in blue sharpie, but I've seen plenty of issues with the black sharpie on gloves as well. I'm not sure if the material of the gloves is a contributing factor, but I tend to avoid batting glove signatures especially if the signatures are $200 a piece.

marino13
01-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Personally I'd go with both bats and the game issued jersey. Batting gloves are nice and all, but I've seen a ton of gloves with bleeding on the signatures, especially when signed in blue sharpie, but I've seen plenty of issues with the black sharpie on gloves as well. I'm not sure if the material of the gloves is a contributing factor, but I tend to avoid batting glove signatures especially if the signatures are $200 a piece.

The main reason why I have not put too much thought on getting the batting gloves signed.

It would have been cooler if I had picked up the fielding glove back in the days - I thought $5k was too much for it so I passed.

maverick14
01-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the lead but NO WAY I am going to spend about $1k for it. I dont see it is going for lesser than that.

Either way, I am sending out a request for a game-ready ones from someone who had accessed to them - hopefully, I wont get hurt with it.

I picked up one in the past and gave it away since I never thought I will have a chance to meet up and getting an autograph from Matsui or Jeter. But now, things change thanks to Matsui retirement. :D

Did you keep an eye on this auction after all?
Your estimate was quite a bit off, ball sold for $373.33.

marino13
01-27-2013, 11:51 PM
Did you keep an eye on this auction after all?
Your estimate was quite a bit off, ball sold for $373.33.

I would have paid $700 for it if it was a buy-it-now option. That would have been cool to have and Matsui would signed it.

The auction closed a day AFTER the event - and most likely, Matsui will not have another public signing anytime soon, so it would just sit there and collect dust.

But I did have a chance to pick up two of '09 WS game ready baseballs - and they were both signed, so I am pretty happy with that.