PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers GU jersey now $12,000. How high can it go?

Steeleraddict
01-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Absolutely if Brady jersey went for $50k then Aaron should be five figures. But wow. The brady jersey was the first, I think, with absolute solid provenance. But I believe there are more than a few rodgers' out there. I know i know...from the NFL site. And I'm more than guilty of over paying.

Dont get me wrong, indent disagree with the price. It's worth what it's worth to someone.... Just amazed it just got posted and 9 days left. I like Aaron a lot and if I like the packers, I'd pay it.

Ok guys....thoughts on this and how much it goes for?

Flamechicken
01-04-2013, 09:11 PM
I bet it'll go for $20-25k. There are about 5-6 green home jerseys out there, but I think only one other white away jersey. You also have the 2010 throwback uniform that's out there too.

Mike

Steeleraddict
01-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Hi mike,
Do u mean only 4-5 total from the course of his career, sold directly by the team?
Also, about how much did his throwback go for?
Thx

Flamechicken
01-05-2013, 01:09 PM
The Packers sold his green home jerseys in 2010 and 2011. Thinking back, I want to say that they probably sold 5 in 2010 and 2-3 last year. The only white away jersey I've seen was sold on NFL auctions either last year or 2010.

The Packers sold his throwback for $8000 (I believe) in 2010.

Mike

legaleagle92481
01-05-2013, 02:30 PM
A second white was sold by the Pack from last year's Thanksgiving game. It was resold on HA for over 20k in spring summer of 2012. The Pack sold them at different prices the highest being 7,500 for the Green and Whites last year and the 8k for the Throwback the year before. Two years ago one was on Ebay for months that came from the Pack for $6,500. There has been a huge surge in QB prices for some reason.

legaleagle92481
01-06-2013, 10:10 PM
The Super Bowl auction has a white one!

Steeleraddict
01-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Thx eagle.
I think it's at $14k now. Would love to have one but don't think the values there into the five figures. Esp since it sounds like at least a few a yr get released.
Thx for the reply

legaleagle92481
01-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Personally I would never pay five figures for an active player's jersey unless it is a milestone jersey. Rodgers isn't even 30 yet, he could play another 10 years so many more jerseys will hit the market. Look at Farve, a couple of years ago his jerseys were going for 15k plus via NFL Auctions and JO Sports. A whole bunch hit the market and are starting to now rehit the market. December's GFC auction had 3 different Brett gamers all appeared to be legit and none topped 10k. Brees and Peyton are comparable QBs to Rodgers and Brady and they rarely top 10k so when more Rodgers get released I would expect them to settle into the 8-10k range.

gorilla777
01-08-2013, 12:48 PM
I agree about the modern gear, it seems to be increasing steadily in availability, even for a player like Brady. A good, legit Montana jersey is much tougher to get, with all the fakes that always circulate seemingly. And a Montana should be in the same league, at least, so will be curious to see how the home one does in the Signature Auction thru Heritage next month.

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7070&lotIdNo=40001

legaleagle92481
01-16-2013, 12:53 AM
It didn't even hit 15k. Maybe Rodgers stuff is going to start hitting a more realistic level. I hope so as I have been looking to pick up one of his jerseys for a few years now.

solarlottry
01-16-2013, 01:42 AM
I agree on the pricing issue with regards to Montana vs todays potential HOF QBs.

To pay over 15K for Rodgers and close to 40K for Brady seems a bit much although Brady may equal Montana if the Patriots win another SB. I think Brady's two SB losses take some of the shine off of his legacy as well.

As for the other QBs in this group (Brees, Rodgers, both Mannings etc) none will come close to Montana in terms of SB wins thus paying anything close to 5 figures for their gamers is a bit much in my mind.

It also boils down to buying who you like. I have overpaid for certain Steve Young gamers not because of his career but because I always enjoyed watching him play. I became a "49er faithful" because of Montana but also enjoyed Young's career and his SB win in 1994. I buy what I like and at times overpay but as many fellow board members have stated, you never know when another jersey pops up!

As for the Montana in the HA auction-it is the same shirt that was sold in the first Paragon Auction I believe. At first glance it looks perfectly legit but I put considerable effort into matching up the nameplate font and never could. That fact alone does not make the shirt a bad shirt as images from the 1980s are not as common as today.

If anyone has any other questions about the HA Montana please email me.

Always buying 49er gamers and paying a finders fee.

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com