Buyer beware - 2010 Derek Jeter Game Used Bat ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marino13
    • Feb 2010

Buyer beware - 2010 Derek Jeter Game Used Bat ...

... This has trouble written all over it - for those uneducated collectors that is!

Just saying!
  • GoTigers
    • Aug 2007

Re: Buyer beware - 2010 Derek Jeter Game Used Bat ...

I've been watching that too.. I'm surprised its going so high. I'd suggest saving images of it and trying to photomatch the letter if you're ever considering a 2010. For example how his sig interferes with the typed letters.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Email:
    jamesbrandt24 at yahoo.com

Comment

• metsbats
      • Nov 2005

Does anyone know why Steiner does not use holograms on Jeter bats,etc?

Holograming the bat and the letter would prevent fraud or try to minimize it.
      metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• marino13
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by metsbats
        Does anyone know why Steiner does not use holograms on Jeter bats,etc?

Holograming the bat and the letter would prevent fraud or try to minimize it.

Steiner does use "generic" holograms on Jeter's gamers - I am hoping that they would use "matching numbered" holograms instead.

Jeter signed letter is a nice provenance along with the item - but in case like this, it just spell trouble.

Furthermore, there are other Jeter letters listed and they have not been sold and it is about 1/3 of the price. The only logical answer - this letter is associated with a BAT.

PS. I dont know how to attach the image in this post, so if anyone knows how to do it, please do. The discussion about this will popped up later on anyway.

Comment

• yanks12025
          • Jan 2006

Yeah but at least with a 2010 bat it's easier to decided a gamer compared to a store model! Store models don't have the codes on the knob right? So either way if someone puts the letter with a bat, the bat will have to be at least a game issued one.

Comment

• marino13
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by yanks12025
            Yeah but at least with a 2010 bat it's easier to decided a gamer compared to a store model! Store models don't have the codes on the knob right? So either way if someone puts the letter with a bat, the bat will have to be at least a game issued one.

I have seen Jeter bats without date code on the knob - some from '08 and '09.

I also have seen a Jeter bat with the "game used" inscription (I have not seen those before until someone shows me one) without date codes on the knob. It has Steiner LOA and hologram.

Unless the potential buyer can see the 125, it would be very difficult to tell the difference.

"Hey, it's Jeter letter so it cant be wrong, right?"

Comment

• rogergoochman
              • Dec 2012

All i can say is wow haha. A coa for a bat that has long been sold. Reminds me of when xbox came out and people were selling just the cardboard boxes online and tricking people into thinking they were getting the product.

Comment

• PwKw13
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by marino13
                PS. I dont know how to attach the image in this post, so if anyone knows how to do it, please do. The discussion about this will popped up later on anyway.
                Here's the letter for future reference.
                Attached Files

Comment

• marino13
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by rogergoochman
                  All i can say is wow haha. A coa for a bat that has long been sold. Reminds me of when xbox came out and people were selling just the cardboard boxes online and tricking people into thinking they were getting the product.

The high final amount has "your thought" all over it.

But then again, it could be one of the following:

1. The winner might have a bat from 2010 season, and he wants to add additional provenance to the existing bat and make it even more valuable.

2. Someone just want an "authentic" Jeter signature.

or (this is the worst option of all)
                  3. The winner has an existing issued/model bat (and it could be from any year) - along with this letter and hopefully he can get a steiner hologram on the bat --- voila, he will gave a couple grands in the making. The potential buyer will think he got a great deal, but we all know it otherwise.

Comment

• joelsabi
                    • Aug 2005

The high final amount has "your thought" all over it.

But then again, it could be one of the following:

1. The winner might have a bat from 2010 season, and he wants to add additional provenance to the existing bat and make it even more valuable.

2. Someone just want an "authentic" Jeter signature.

or (this is the worst option of all)
                    3. The winner has an existing issued/model bat (and it could be from any year) - along with this letter and hopefully he can get a steiner hologram on the bat --- voila, he will gave a couple grands in the making. The potential buyer will think he got a great deal, but we all know it otherwise.
                    in a week or so look up the feedback to find out the buyer. then put a search of Jeter and the Seller and save the search on your ebay email and wait......
                    Regards,
                    Joel S.
                    joelsabi @ gmail.com
                    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• yanks12025
                      • Jan 2006

I have seen Jeter bats without date code on the knob - some from '08 and '09.

I also have seen a Jeter bat with the "game used" inscription (I have not seen those before until someone shows me one) without date codes on the knob. It has Steiner LOA and hologram.

Unless the potential buyer can see the 125, it would be very difficult to tell the difference.

"Hey, it's Jeter letter so it cant be wrong, right?"

Wasn't 2009 the first year of date codes on the knob? So I'd think no 2008 bat would. Also have you seen any 2010 bats without knob stampings? Doubt it.

Comment

• marino13
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by joelsabi
                        in a week or so look up the feedback to find out the buyer. then put a search of Jeter and the Seller and save the search on your ebay email and wait......

The sold listing was PRIVATE - so the feedback and so forth will not show up.

I dont think the pending seller would list it on eBay.

Comment

• marino13
                          • Feb 2010

Wasn't 2009 the first year of date codes on the knob? So I'd think no 2008 bat would. Also have you seen any 2010 bats without knob stampings? Doubt it.

I have seen some Jeter from 2009 without date codes. Some were sold by steiner at the store in Yankee stadium.

As for 2010, we all can guess that the winning bidder DOES have a 2010 bat?

Comment

• yanks12025
                            • Jan 2006

Well the letter says 2010 bat, so it would be stupid to try to use it for a bat from another year.

Comment

• marino13
                              • Feb 2010

Well the letter says 2010 bat, so it would be stupid to try to use it for a bat from another year.

GUU members would know better, but I cant say the same thing about the uneducated.

Comment

Working...