PDA

View Full Version : A little education please?

NEFAN
01-06-2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-New-England-Patriots-Game-Worn-Used-Jersey-Throwback-81-/221174235520?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337f030180

I'm not interested in this jersey, but was wondering, is the tagging correct for a gamer or a retail?

sox83cubs84
01-06-2013, 03:52 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-New-England-Patriots-Game-Worn-Used-Jersey-Throwback-81-/221174235520?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337f030180

I'm not interested in this jersey, but was wondering, is the tagging correct for a gamer or a retail?

Looks like pretty standard Russell tagging for the era.

Dave Miedema

VERIS#60
01-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Hi NEFAN, this jersey is correct in every aspect. I have a red Garin Veris #90 Patriots game used jersey from this same year. The tagging matches perfectly as I am holding it in my hands and looking at the pics on Ebay. 100% match on the Russell tag except mine is a size 52 with a flag tag 2" extra body length. Interesting to note for anyone bidding on this jersey is he describes the name on the back as letters glued on. This is a very correct statement. My letters are acutually loose on the edges and the jersey has 50 repair holes. I can't fully comment on the wear and authenticity of the jersey, but it looks very good to me. At least I can say it matches my gamer from top to bottom. Dave is the man when it comes to fine detail and I can vouch for the style match. I hope this helps.

Bruce

jsmiller
01-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Looks like pretty standard Russell tagging for the era.

Dave Miedema

Hey Dave, John from Nappanee here, it's been a long time. You know this universe well and may remember some of the jerseys I bought from you and Scott. Any idea how much they have appreciated?

NEFAN
01-07-2013, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the help, I wasn't calling it a fake, was just trying to educat myself for future reference. The few I had from that era had tags that said "Tailored exclusively for the New England Patriots."

sox83cubs84
01-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the help, I wasn't calling it a fake, was just trying to educat myself for future reference. The few I had from that era had tags that said "Tailored exclusively for the New England Patriots."

The jerseys you speak of were likely 1980s gamers, made by Sand-Knit, with the notation being on what collectors call their "Exclusive" tag.

Dave Miedema

VERIS#60
01-09-2013, 12:15 AM
I was just trying to shed a little light on this jersey for guu members reading this post. I am sure someone on here might want to place a bid. It is my belief this jersey is a gamer. Dave is also right on the Sand-knit comment. Most Patriots gamers from the mid 80's to the early 90's are Russell. I believe the tailored exclusively for the New England Patriots jerseys were used in 1987. Then, they used Champion in 1988 before switching back to Russell for a few years. Garin was injured duuring the whole 89 season so I don't know what they wore that year. If I remember right they wore Champion in 89 also. I have a few Garin Veris gamers from this era and that is why I have some knowledge on Patriots jerseys. However, my 1987 Sand-knit that Garin gave me is a game issue and not worn. I hope all this info further enhances your knowledge!
Bruce
Brucecaplinger@yahoo.com

NEFAN
01-09-2013, 01:07 PM
If I was still keeping my Pat's collection going, I'd buy the Carpenter. Unfortunately I have to divert funds to a home project for my sons.

VERIS#60
01-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Yes, I don't blame you. The Carpenter jersey will probably go for a very fair price and in my opinion is a very solid jersey. Any of the old original Pats logo items make a nice addition to any collection. Did you see my Pats Veris game used helmet pics on guu? The helmet is hammered and photomatched. Thanks!
Bruce

NEFAN
01-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Yes, I don't blame you. The Carpenter jersey will probably go for a very fair price and in my opinion is a very solid jersey. Any of the old original Pats logo items make a nice addition to any collection. Did you see my Pats Veris game used helmet pics on guu? The helmet is hammered and photomatched. Thanks!
Bruce

I did, nice helmet.