PDA

View Full Version : Didn't Steiner sell these?

legaleagle92481
01-06-2013, 10:08 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Worn-Dallas-Cowboys-Dez-Bryant-Jersey-Photomatched-Throwback-Thanskgiving-/230909130431?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c341b6bf

trsent
01-07-2013, 12:19 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Worn-Dallas-Cowboys-Dez-Bryant-Jersey-Photomatched-Throwback-Thanskgiving-/230909130431?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c341b6bf

Here's a link where you may get a better answer to your question:

http://app.steinersports.com/front/lead/add?type=CONTACT_US

hfd0035
01-07-2013, 12:06 PM

Yes. I would have bought this myself already.

legaleagle92481
01-07-2013, 11:58 PM
That's what I thought. Why are there so many fake Cowboy jerseys on Ebay?

COWBOYS4EVR
01-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Cowboys had another tent sale in December.
A lot on eBay trying to be passed off as game used.
That Bryant is far from it. Pics on AP an Getty show way more use
then that has even if it was washed.

hfd0035
01-08-2013, 08:46 AM
That's what I thought. Why are there so many fake Cowboy jerseys on Ebay?

I actually had Steiner email me the Bryant photo back when it was available. But at $2500 I wasnt into it at the time. This ones not even close.

No telling on all the fakes though. Theres one seller in particular that I cannot believe is allowed to get away with all the fakes he lists on Ebay. Sucks for the newbies.

worldchamps
01-08-2013, 09:49 AM
This is actually my jersey. I am at loss for words with "fake" being thrown out as the description. I have been buying jerseys from the cowboys for years now, so I am very aware that most of them are issued, however there are many of them that are truly game worn. This one shows use on it, so I bought it and looked in getty. The first picture I saw showed more dirt on the numbers so I figured maybe it was a preseason jersey. I then looked up the preseaon games and yet didn't wear the throwbacks. Then I came across the picture where their are 3 areas where the threads match up where the blue and white material meet. I figure the dirt is missing Bc it was washed. I was very clear on describing this on eBay. I know for a fact Steiner did not get all the jerseys. The last thing I want to do is sell something to someone that is not real. But I think it is unfair to make claims against it, with no proof. If anyone can advise me that this is not game worn, I would pull it immediately off eBay.

I would like to think I have a pretty good reputation on here. I have been able to get game worn jerseys from all the local teams Mavs, Rangers, and Cowboys. I would not want to ruin my credibility. This jersey was bought directly from the cowboys and I feel that the picture matches it?

I am open to all feedback, but request that it is backed with evidence instead of opinions.
Thanks
Bill
Rangersstars@yahoo.com

worldchamps
01-08-2013, 10:32 AM
I just called Steiner and spoke with a representative, they did have the 2011 thanksgiving Dez jersey and sold it. He said it could be that their was 2 jerseys he wore. I still feel the photo I have matches it.

I am looking to do the right thing, and again encourage positive feedback on what anyone thinks.

I am not looking to pick a fight or argue, but I would like to say I wish I would have been contacted before "fake" and discounting remarks where made. 369 views of this post before I even got a chance to defend myself.

I am going to update the eBay listing to inform of the sold Steiner jersey.

Bill

trsent
01-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Bill, don't lose any sleep. Some people come on here and attack and accuse and don't follow the rules of contacting the seller first and asking questions - They feel they are above common decency.

Your explanations are professional and show you care and didn't do sloppy work.

legaleagle92481
01-08-2013, 12:46 PM
I posted this because I felt the item might have been questionable. I was not 100% sure that Steiner sold Dez's jersey. I knew they sold some Cowboy TB jerseys but was not certain if they sold the entire team. I also took issue with the item description saying there was a "photo match" when there was not IMO. I wanted to start a discussion on the jersey to see what the Cowboys collectors had to say about it. I never said your jersey was fake only that Ebay is full of Cowboy fakes. If you don't believe me search on there no other team seems to have as many.

hfd0035
01-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Is it above common decency to post a link with Steiners contact info when a member just asks a simple question? Or is that in its own "just being a smartass" category?

Nobody called this jersey a fake. Where is all this drama coming from? A question was asked and answered. Steiner did sell the 2011 Dez Bryant TB vs Miami, and the jersey questioned is not the one Steiner sold.

If Roger Clemens could wear 3 or 4 different jerseys in one start then I supposed Dez could too. Anything is possible.

Bill, since a pair Miles Austin gloves minimum bid at Cowboys Stadium during the games starts at $400, I think it would be pretty rare to sneak a Dez gamer by ol Jerry Jones. But like I said anything is possible. I have seemed to miss every Cowboys tent sale so I cant say I know what goes on there. Anyway, I never said the jersey was a fake.

short84
01-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Does Dez wear jerseys with a long tail or are his jerseys shortened?

808jerseys
01-08-2013, 05:38 PM
The Dez I got is shortened, from last year.

short84
01-08-2013, 08:44 PM
There is a test you can do that is very helpful -- it is the sniff test. I have gotten jerseys from the Cowboys that had been washed but looked like they had been game used. The good ol' sniff test of the fabric especially under the arms can help you determine if the jersey has been worn or not. I have a Crayton that came from the proshop that looked like it could have been game worn. It had been washed but there were hints of game use present. One sniff of the fabric and I knew it was a game used jersey. I know this sounds gross, but it can be useful. If Dez wore this jersey and it has been washed, it still should have some game use smells (body odor) in the fabric. I have also noticed that after being washed, the numbers on the Cowboys jerseys can have some wrinkling, issued jerseys have very nice bright, clean flat numbers.

It would be nice to get the photographs of the one Steiner sold and compare this one to it. Good luck.

trsent
01-09-2013, 01:39 AM
Is it above common decency to post a link with Steiners contact info when a member just asks a simple question? Or is that in its own "just being a smartass" category?

If you ask a question if Steiner sold something, why not ask Steiner if they sold it? Too many people speculate answers for vague questions when I would assume Steiner would be more than helpful.

I don't know your views on "common decency" - I thought I was being helpful to the conversation.