PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Cardinals Winter Warm-Up

flota89
01-07-2013, 10:51 PM
It's about time for the annual St. Louis Cardinals Winter Warm-Up, and with the event creeping closer, I decided I'd start a thread.

Who is planning to attend this year? What do you expect of the event?

Hope to hear from some of the St. Louis fans.

-Tyler

Birdbats
01-08-2013, 10:09 AM
I'll be there. Haven't missed one yet.

I expect to see a lot of inventory for sale, simply because the team is changing jerseys for 2013 and can't reuse old stock. Also, because the new S100 batting helmets are required in 2013, I'm hoping to see a good amount of Cool Flo and traditional helmets that can't be used next season.

I'm not overly impressed with the auction items -- too many balls and photos, not enough bats -- but there are a few decent jerseys on the block.

Not getting as many autographs this year, so I hope to have more time to attend the various presentations.

flota89
01-10-2013, 10:27 PM
I'd love to see some batting helmets for sale.

Jeff and I can't be the only two going. I'd love to hear from everyone else planning to attend as well as their thoughts on the event.

stlbats
01-10-2013, 10:42 PM
I'll be there on Sunday and Monday this year. I have to make it a shorter trip than usual. Hopefully it will be a good weekend.

stlbats

onlyalbert
01-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Talked to Pat this week at Cardinals Authentics. lots of bats available. They have all of the helmets too but they are not putting them out this year. Lots of jerseys but they are $225 plus tax! Duplicate jerseys of players on roster went to Cardinals Care to be signed and auctioned next season. Also, some jerseys are going on a MLB auction that will run the 17th thru 20th ending at 5pm. Kind of sucks on the timing there!

cardsfan44
01-13-2013, 09:39 PM
I am new on this site, but I will be going for my 3rd time. I have just started in collecting GU items, so I will mostly be just looking. If I find something that meets my limited funds I will purchase other than that I will be adding several autographs for my collection as well.

jscott0688
01-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Anyone get anything good today?

My day started of pretty bad. I got a room at the hotel so that I would have priority line access to get into the Cardinals Care store. In the past I've never had priority access, but have usually managed to get a few good things out of the store. Not this year.

To my knowledge, the only new items they had this year were batting helmets (probably 2-3 dozen). The jerseys and bats appeared to have been rejects from past years. The helmets would have been great had they not been priced $5 a piece. Needless to say they were all gone by the time I got in there. The first group to get into the store snatched them up pretty fast, hauling them out by the bag-full.

Cardinals Care has too be the most utterly incompetent group of people when it comes to the collector's market. I complain about it every year, but after all these years, you would at least thing they would know a thing or two about what collectors are looking for. I told the non-volunteer at the checkout that they got robbed. No-name player bats and jerseys priced $50-100 and identifiable semi-star player helmets priced $5. Makes perfect sense!

Most of the helmets appeared to be from recent seasons (a lot of Cool Flos). I saw two Jaime Garcia helmets, an Allen Craig, a Tyler Greene, and a standard helmet with the #12 on the back (certainly they would know better than to put a Lance Berkman in there, right?). And those are just the one's that I was able to make out. Very frustrating experience!

It was mostly picked over by the time I got in there. I was able to escape with a Jason Motte road cap with a bunch of what appears to be pine tar on the bill, an Eduardo Sanchez road hat (with some stuff written on the inside), a #8 home cap (Ryan Jackson?), and two 2011 Stars and Stripes caps (Miguel Batista and Tyler Greene) for $5 a piece.

In any case, I still feel pretty good about my day. My favorite pickup is the Mark McGwire 2012 St. Patricks Day jersey (MLB Authenticated) I picked up from one of the vendors for $300. I was skeptical at first because McGwire is known for not wearing his jersey, and I thought I recalled seeing him wear his jacket for this game. So before I bought it I did some research and found a picture of him from that day wearing his jacket, but when I zoomed in, it was obvious that he was wearing the jersey underneath. Definitely seems like a good deal for a McGwire jersey. His 2011 St. Patricks Day shirt went for $611.

I also got my Matt Holliday World Series batting helmet signed and inscribed (game worn 2011 WS). Now if only I could get a damned #7 decal!

My only other goal for the weekend is to pickup a gold jersey. The gold Beltran jersey went for $1500 to the same collector that won most of the gold jerseys auctioned on MLB.com earlier this year. I added it up, and he's spent over $13,000 on 12 of these things now. The Tyler Greene shirt went for $460 to a different collector. I was also really surprised to see a regular Shane Robinson jersey go for $400 in one of the silent auctions. Does anyone know how much the two jerseys in the live auctions went for today?

cardsfan44
01-19-2013, 11:05 PM
Would by any chance the Jackson be available for sale?

Thanks

Birdbats
01-19-2013, 11:06 PM
Anyone get anything good today?

Does anyone know how much the two jerseys in the live auctions went for today?

Carpenter 2011 WS road: $1,500
Holliday 2011 WS home: $1,000

jscott0688
01-20-2013, 12:37 AM

Thanks

I bought a Jackson autograph ticket today. I'm going to ask him if it looks like his and have him sign it. I'll probably stick it up on ebay along with a few other caps in the next week or so. I'll probably put Jackson's St. Patricks Day jersey up as well.

jscott0688
01-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Carpenter 2011 WS road: $1,500
Holliday 2011 WS home: $1,000

Did you get them?

MLB~NUT
01-20-2013, 06:15 AM
I went and got my 2012 Holliday game used jersey signed, but there wasnt too much special I really saw today!

MLB~NUT
01-20-2013, 06:19 AM
With my newborn son who arrived 12/21/12, Ive been busy and this is my 1st post in some time!:D

MLB~NUT
01-20-2013, 06:21 AM
Wish Id caught the Holliday 2011 ws jersey!!! Must of been after I left at 1:00 p.m.:( :mad:

jscott0688
01-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Finally got a Gold Jersey today! The competition so far has been pretty intense. Molina's went for $4400 in the first live auction today. Boggs and Mabry went for $700 and $550, respectively, in the first silent auction. Craig's (on disabled list at the time) went for $700 in the second live auction. In the second silent auction, Descalso's went for $600. Also in the live auction today was a team-issued Jason Motte home World Series jersey that went for $650.

Three more gold jerseys will be auctioned tomorrow: Motte's in the live auction, and Salas and Lohse in the silent auctions. According to my information, that leaves the jerseys of Mike Matheny, Dyer Miller, Tony Cruz, J. C. Romero, and Scott Linkebrink unaccounted for.

My haul for today:
Descalso Gold jersey (shows some nice dirt stains)
Lance Berkman team-issued TBTC 1953 cap worn 7/2/11 in Tampa Bay.

Rumor has it that Molina has cancelled his autograph appearance for the third year in a row. Also cancelling today were Shannon and Taveras. Ryan Jackson was a no-show as well.

jscott0688
01-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Forgot the pictures.

onlyalbert
01-20-2013, 09:27 PM
Forgot the pictures.

I gotta ask what year is the# 71 miller? I have a 2011 home and hp Miller I had him sign. Pics to follow when I get home.

jscott0688
01-20-2013, 09:38 PM
I gotta ask what year is the# 71 miller? I have a 2011 home and hp Miller I had him sign. Pics to follow when I get home.

I saw you getting those signed today and I meant to ask you the same thing. The one I got signed today is a 2012. However, I do have a home white and road grey from 2011 that I got signed last year. Where did you get yours? I got mine from the Authentics store. I do know that there were two batches of jerseys made for spring 2011. Apparently there was a defect with the alignment of the birds on the bat on the original set and I was told that majestic took those jerseys (but maybe not). I'm pretty sure my home white is from the second set because it doesn't appear to be the one he was wearing on photo day (when the defect is apparent). Just curious, do the birds on the bat appear to align correctly on yours?

onlyalbert
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
I saw you getting those signed today and I meant to ask you the same thing. The one I got signed today is a 2012. However, I do have a home white and road grey from 2011 that I got signed last year. Where did you get yours? I got mine from the Authentics store. I do know that there were two batches of jerseys made for spring 2011. Apparently there was a defect with the alignment of the birds on the bat on the original set and I was told that majestic took those jerseys (but maybe not). I'm pretty sure my home white is from the second set because it doesn't appear to be the one he was wearing on photo day (when the defect is apparent). Just curious, do the birds on the bat appear to align correctly on yours?

Man u shoulda stopped me! Would love to have met u. Mine is a set1 and everything lines up perfenct. Got them through Authentics mid last year. I'm still here till tomorrow. Also got Matt Adams set 2 home and he gave a nice signature on it. Got my Waino WS jersey signed. Carp 05 bat signed. Biggest pick was from the bat rack at Authentics I got Beltrans from NLDS game 2 bat that he hit the 2 home runs! I knew they had 2 Beltrans so I took screen shots with me and I have a photomatch to both hrs. And the mob auth code confirms he broke it in the 1st inning of game 4. Couldn't believe they left that one in there!

jscott0688
01-20-2013, 10:04 PM
Man u shoulda stopped me! Would love to have met u. Mine is a set1 and everything lines up perfenct. Got them through Authentics mid last year. I'm still here till tomorrow. Also got Matt Adams set 2 home and he gave a nice signature on it. Got my Waino WS jersey signed. Carp 05 bat signed. Biggest pick was from the bat rack at Authentics I got Beltrans from NLDS game 2 bat that he hit the 2 home runs! I knew they had 2 Beltrans so I took screen shots with me and I have a photomatch to both hrs. And the mob auth code confirms he broke it in the 1st inning of game 4. Couldn't believe they left that one in there!

That's awesome! I question the way the Cardinals handle a lot of their game used stuff, but it usually works out to my benefit so I haven't complained too much. I have a similar story from something that I got, but I'll wait to share it until I know for sure.

onlyalbert
01-20-2013, 10:08 PM
If Cardinals Care would hire a memorabilia consultant they could raise their revenue from this show by 30% or more. Why 50 autographed balls in each silent auction to name one problem.

jscott0688
01-20-2013, 10:17 PM
If Cardinals Care would hire a memorabilia consultant they could raise their revenue from this show by 30% or more. Why 50 autographed balls in each silent auction to name one problem.

I take it you're not interested in autographed postcards for $40-$50?

onlyalbert
01-20-2013, 10:23 PM
I take it you're not interested in autographed postcards for $40-$50?

Hana no but would love some $5 hemets. Might even pay $10! Seriously though I need a Beltran autograph ticket bad. Will pay over face value if anyone wants to sell an extra. Don’t think he will be signing herenext year.

flota89
01-20-2013, 11:02 PM
My trip this year ended with two items. On Saturday morning, I went directly to the Authentics Booth and picked up a nice Molina. I was looking for a Beltran bat as well, but I believe someone else had it in their hand as I got there. Onlyalbert, that wasn't you was it? On the end of Day 1 I wrote down some of the mlb authentication numbers and checked them that night. I found that the Descalso bat with the best use was cracked on a double in the fifth inning of Game Five of the 2012 NLDS ... perhaps his most memorable game with the Cardinals. I'd love to keep reading what everyone was able to come up with.

I do have a photomatch for the Descalso, but I am still looking for a match to the Molina. It has a late production date (8/13/12), so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

onlyalbert
01-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Coulda been me but they had another one too. It was a May blonde Marucci I think but was crackedat the end by the name. The chunk that wad missing was his whole name. I had screen shots of Descalsos hr and was looking for that bat only of his. Didn't have a smart phone on me so couldn't check codes. Nice grab on the Descalso! I was looking hard at the Molina u got but it did not match my screen shots from the postseason. I brought screen shots of beltran craig holliday molina freeze descalso jay mcarp if anyone needs them let me know. Mlbtv hd shots. Can tell u any holliday will be hard to match though.

onlyalbert
01-20-2013, 11:23 PM
What was the code on the Molina? If it starts with EK 421 it was auth on jan 8th.

stlbats
01-20-2013, 11:28 PM
I picked up a real nice Allen Craig bat MLB authenticated to a game in September. Getting a Freese 16x20 signed tomorrow.

Stlbats

onlyalbert
01-20-2013, 11:34 PM
Beltran ticket anyone?

flota89
01-21-2013, 12:05 AM
What was the code on the Molina? If it starts with EK 421 it was auth on jan 8th.

It was one of the bats authenticated on January 8th, so I suppose it could have been used anytime between the production and the end of the playoffs. Did you bring screenshots from all the games for Molina or just some games?

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 12:49 AM
Finally got a Gold Jersey today! The competition so far has been pretty intense. Molina's went for $4400 in the first live auction today. Boggs and Mabry went for $700 and $550, respectively, in the first silent auction. Craig's (on disabled list at the time) went for $700 in the second live auction. In the second silent auction, Descalso's went for $600. Also in the live auction today was a team-issued Jason Motte home World Series jersey that went for $650.

Three more gold jerseys will be auctioned tomorrow: Motte's in the live auction, and Salas and Lohse in the silent auctions. According to my information, that leaves the jerseys of Mike Matheny, Dyer Miller, Tony Cruz, J. C. Romero, and Scott Linkebrink unaccounted for.

My haul for today:
Descalso Gold jersey (shows some nice dirt stains)
Lance Berkman team-issued TBTC 1953 cap worn 7/2/11 in Tampa Bay.

Rumor has it that Molina has cancelled his autograph appearance for the third year in a row. Also cancelling today were Shannon and Taveras. Ryan Jackson was a no-show as well.
Yeah, don't know if Molina cancelled this year again or not, thats why Im not a fan of his, I know he's in Puerto Rico, but cmon 3 yrs in a row a no show!!!:eek:

jscott0688
01-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Yeah, don't know if Molina cancelled this year again or not, thats why Im not a fan of his, I know he's in Puerto Rico, but cmon 3 yrs in a row a no show!!!:eek:

The rumors were not true. Molina did show up today to sign autographs.

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 06:02 PM
Good to hear he didn't back out, I was there and got Beltran's auto! As I know Beltran's from Puerto Rico as well as Molina! Beltran was very cool to meet!:D

jscott0688
01-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Good to hear he didn't back out, I was there and got Beltran's auto! As I know Beltran's from Puerto Rico as well as Molina! Beltran was very cool to meet!:D

I'd be interested to know what kind of mood Molina was in today. My experience with all the players was really good this weekend. Adam Wainwright has to be one of the nicest guys in baseball. I really hope the Cardinals are able to sign him to an extension. Shelby Miller and Trevor Rosenthal were great as well.

stlbats
01-21-2013, 07:55 PM
From the screens it looked like Molina was in a good mood. I didn't see a lot of smiles but I did see him shake several hands and it looked like he was making sure where they wanted the item signed. I seen a few peoples items with great signatures on them.

I had Freese sign a photo and he was very nice.

Overall this year, I thought the crowd size was down. Usually you cant walk in the autograph room and this year it didn't seem too bad. As usual, I didn't see too much GU stuff aside from the Cardinals Authentics booth. They did have very nice Holliday and Beltran bats in the silent auctions today. I didn't handle them, but both appeared to be uncracked with great use, something you just don't usually see from the team.

stlbats

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Overall this year, I thought the crowd size was down. Usually you cant walk in the autograph room and this year it didn't seem too bad. As usual, I didn't see too much GU stuff aside from the Cardinals Authentics booth. They did have very nice Holliday and Beltran bats in the silent auctions today. I didn't handle them, but both appeared to be uncracked with great use, something you just don't usually see from the team.

stlbats[/QUOTE]

The crowd wasnt bad saturday, or today! Both Holliday and Beltran bats were cracked! If I were in the market for a beltran, Id a bid, it was one of the nicest examples Ive seen to date...

onlyalbert
01-21-2013, 09:32 PM
The crowd was def. down. I was first in line at Authentics when they opened up and me and one other person were the only ones there looking at the bats for the first 5 minutes. Last year people were grabbing and yelling and causing a riot.

I got sigs of Waino, Carp, Miller, Adams, and was able to score a Beltran scratch off from a winner. I was impressed with how unbelieveably niec these guys were. They all personalized my stuff, made small talk, and just really were in tune with the fans. I will post some pics tomorrow of my haul there and the sigs.

Tyler, I'll send you my Yadi screen shots. I have your e-mail as I bought your 05 Carp bat on e-bay a while back. Shots are from playoff games only, but I didn't see a match or I would've grabbed it myself. I actually didn't have any shots of him breaking a bat during the playoffs, and I would say he used 3 different ones.

jscott0688
01-21-2013, 09:36 PM

I think part of it is that Cardinals Care is just handling the autograph sessions much better. I love the idea of charging a minimal $5 in order to have tickets for players that would have been free before. I think this reduces a lot of the clutter. Plus the lines outside of the official lines were much better organized this year.

jscott0688
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
was able to score a Beltran scratch off from a winner.

That's great. I was hoping you would get a Beltran ticket. How many scratch offs did you have to buy?

jscott0688
01-21-2013, 09:42 PM

Thanks

Jackson cancelled his autograph appearance so I wasn't able to ask if it was his, but if you still want it, you can have it for $10 shipped.

onlyalbert
01-21-2013, 10:01 PM
That's great. I was hoping you would get a Beltran ticket. How many scratch offs did you have to buy?

Actually this is a funny story. I bought 5 scratch offs and got 3 fifteen percent off tix for the Authentics store which will allow me to get my money back during the season, but here's the story. I saw Jeff Scott in line and asked him if he knew of any extras. Standing next to him was a 12 yr old kid, and he says he will sell me his scratch of winner for $60 bucks. I said DEAL!!! Gave him the money, got the ticket, and went to get the bat. When I returned he says Hey mister my dad said I can't sell the ticket. So I had to give it back! About 5 minutes later Jeff texts me and points out another guy in line that won a scratch off. He didn't have anything to get signed so I was able to buy his for $100. But like I said I will get that back with the 15% tix. With this bat and the fact Beltran won't be there next year....it was worth it. You'll see why when you see the sig he gave me.

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Very cool, OnlyAlbert, I saw your post's and was hoping you'd score one!!!:)

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Here are a few pics of my 2012, set 4 of 2012 Home GU Matt Holliday Jersey, I had Matt sign and inscribe "2011 WS Champs" on Saturday!!!:D :D :D I love the Use on this baby, and the Oder!;) :p ;)

onlyalbert
01-21-2013, 10:26 PM
Todd, sweet jersey! What does the auth code say? Love the usage.

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Thank you, and here you go OnlyAlbert...:D ;) :D

Hologram number EK183610 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.
Session Product Description: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS HOME JERSEY

Session Name: MIA AT STL
Session Date: July 08, 2012
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: USED BY: MATT HOLLIDAY

flota89
01-21-2013, 10:31 PM
The crowd was def. down. I was first in line at Authentics when they opened up and me and one other person were the only ones there looking at the bats for the first 5 minutes. Last year people were grabbing and yelling and causing a riot.

I got sigs of Waino, Carp, Miller, Adams, and was able to score a Beltran scratch off from a winner. I was impressed with how unbelieveably niec these guys were. They all personalized my stuff, made small talk, and just really were in tune with the fans. I will post some pics tomorrow of my haul there and the sigs.

Tyler, I'll send you my Yadi screen shots. I have your e-mail as I bought your 05 Carp bat on e-bay a while back. Shots are from playoff games only, but I didn't see a match or I would've grabbed it myself. I actually didn't have any shots of him breaking a bat during the playoffs, and I would say he used 3 different ones.

Thank you. Can't wait to see your Beltran bat. I'd love to have one from this past year.

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Its hard to tell by the crummy GS3 cell phone pics but its Hammered w/ Use and ODER-which I love!!!:D ;)

onlyalbert
01-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Thank you, and here you go OnlyAlbert...:D ;) :D

Hologram number EK183610 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED JERSEY.
Session Product Description: ST. LOUIS CARDINALS HOME JERSEY

Session Name: MIA AT STL
Session Date: July 08, 2012
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: USED BY: MATT HOLLIDAY

I remember that jersey going up on auction. I think I was at that game! Is that the one where we scored like 3 or 4 in the ninth and won on a Furcal hit off Bell?

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Yes Sir, I was there as well sat in Left Field Box, LOL!!! We won 5-4!!!:D :D :D

onlyalbert
01-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Thank you. Can't wait to see your Beltran bat. I'd love to have one from this past year.

Did you see the one in the silent auction? It was at $400 last I looked but was signed. You must've just missed the other Beltran if you got the Yadi. I noticed most of the bats and jerseys in the silent auctions were from spring training. The jerseys I looked at were all missing year/set tags and the Jay bat was from 2011.

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Did you see the one in the silent auction? It was at $400 last I looked but was signed. You must've just missed the other Beltran if you got the Yadi. I noticed most of the bats and jerseys in the silent auctions were from spring training. The jerseys I looked at were all missing year/set tags and the Jay bat was from 2011.
Pics of your beltran Albert???? :p ;) :p

onlyalbert
01-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Pics of your beltran Albert???? :p ;) :p

I promise tomorrow when I get home pics of all! I'll even match up the Beltran for you. I already have the screen shots.

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Hows about some screen shots of my Holliday too? I dont have a mlb.tv sub. Believe it or not!

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Hows about some screen shots of my Holliday too? I dont have a mlb.tv sub. Believe it or not!

onlyalbert
01-21-2013, 11:10 PM

I can do that. The armpit stains should be easy. I'll email them to you.

joe27
01-22-2013, 03:13 PM
Jackson cancelled his autograph appearance so I wasn't able to ask if it was his, but if you still want it, you can have it for $10 shipped.

If he doesn't want it Ill take it.

Birdbats
01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
I understand the $5 batting helmets were not from 2012, but were old stock "from the back of the closet." So, #21 probably wasn't Craig... could have been Paquette, LaRue, etc. Still, $5 for a batting helmet is stupid low. They could have sold them just as quickly at $40 each.

cardsfan44
01-22-2013, 03:48 PM

Sorry for the delay, just got back on here.
Yes I will take the hat, if it is still available

John

jscott0688
01-22-2013, 03:50 PM
I understand the $5 batting helmets were not from 2012, but were old stock "from the back of the closet." So, #21 probably wasn't Craig... could have been Paquette, LaRue, etc. Still, $5 for a batting helmet is stupid low. They could have sold them just as quickly at $40 each.

A lot of the helmets I saw in the Cardinals Care store, including the #21 helmet, were cool-flo, so that pretty much limits it to 2011-2012. I was looking at helmets at the Authentics store and some of those looked really old though.

jscott0688
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Sorry for the delay, just got back on here.
Yes I will take the hat, if it is still available

John

What's you're email address? I tried to PM you but apparently you have those turned off.

cardsfan44
01-22-2013, 06:31 PM
What's you're email address? I tried to PM you but apparently you have those turned off.

My email address is cardsfan448@gmail.com

Thanks
John

onlyalbert
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
As promised, here is my WWU haul. I picked up Matt Adams set 2 home jersey from the team store about a week ago. He gave me a nice signature and was very nice about the personalizations. I used a Sharpie Rub A Dub fine point laundry marker on all of the jerseys. The first bat he used in ST and is matched to his 5th ML hit, a bases loaded triple. The second bat is from early June and I have tons of matches on it. More to follow!

cardsfan44
01-22-2013, 06:41 PM
onlyalbert,

Those Adams GU pieces are awesome man. He is such a nice guy also, I have met him several times and he is always extremely polite.

MLB~NUT
01-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Very nice Albert, any luck with shot of my Holliday jersey?

onlyalbert
01-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Here's my Carp haul. Got the bat from Tyler a whhile back and finally got it signed. I was surprised he inscribed it but was really nice about it and took his time to make it look nice. I was also the winner of his WS jersey in the live auction. It is a set 6, and I am looking at matching it to game 5 of the WS and also possiblly some of the NLDS games. I've been told he changes his jersey a lot during games, and the 9 on the front looks promising.

onlyalbert
01-22-2013, 06:55 PM
onlyalbert,

Those Adams GU pieces are awesome man. He is such a nice guy also, I have met him several times and he is always extremely polite.

You can tell he is a "good ole boy". I've got 6 of his bats total including the one he used in his first game and the one he hit his first HR with. I am trying to see if he might want to make a trade with me.

onlyalbert
01-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Got my Waino WS jersey signed. I think the jersey is from ST and have pics of him after his surgery but can't say for sure it is a match. The jersey has been laundered based on the tag. I asked Adam about wearing it, and he said he absolutely wore it under his heavy coat during all home games as it was team policy.

jscott0688
01-22-2013, 07:46 PM
I picked up Matt Adams set 2 home jersey from the team store about a week ago.

The Authentics Store? Did you order it over the phone? How did that work out?

MichaelofSF
01-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Biggest pick was from the bat rack at Authentics I got Beltrans from NLDS game 2 bat that he hit the 2 home runs! I knew they had 2 Beltrans so I took screen shots with me and I have a photomatch to both hrs. And the mob auth code confirms he broke it in the 1st inning of game 4. Couldn't believe they left that one in there!

Can't wait to see. Feel free to post on this thread too

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=52678.

Also if anyone picked up Beltrans gu bat that he used for a good chunk of May let me know if you want to sell it

onlyalbert
01-22-2013, 09:33 PM
The Authentics Store? Did you order it over the phone? How did that work out?

I just call in every so often to see if they got anything new in. Hit and miss usually.

onlyalbert
01-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Can't wait to see. Feel free to post on this thread too

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=52678.

Also if anyone picked up Beltrans gu bat that he used for a good chunk of May let me know if you want to sell it

They had 3 Beltrans. Two at Authentics and one in the silent auction and one of the other 2 was a May bat. The other at Authentics had a chunk off the end b,y the player name. It was an all natural Marucci.

MLB~NUT
01-23-2013, 02:46 AM
Very nice pickups and autos as well, thats nicer than most peoples collections, lol:p

flota89
01-23-2013, 08:53 AM
Here's my Carp haul. Got the bat from Tyler a whhile back and finally got it signed. I was surprised he inscribed it but was really nice about it and took his time to make it look nice. I was also the winner of his WS jersey in the live auction. It is a set 6, and I am looking at matching it to game 5 of the WS and also possiblly some of the NLDS games. I've been told he changes his jersey a lot during games, and the 9 on the front looks promising.
The bat looks great signed.

onlyalbert
01-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Here is my Miller jerseys. He was also a great signer. Even more firendly than last year. The first is a set 1 spring jersey. The second is a spring BP jersey. If they gave out a best penmanship award it would be between him and Beltran!

jscott0688
01-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Just received an email informing me that I won the raffle for a pair of Jon Jay game used batting gloves from 3 Monkey Sports.

onlyalbert
01-23-2013, 09:04 PM
I picked up a real nice Allen Craig bat MLB authenticated to a game in September. Getting a Freese 16x20 signed tomorrow.

Stlbats

I can get you some screen shots if you want to match it.

stlbats
01-23-2013, 09:07 PM
I can get you some screen shots if you want to match it.

That would be great. I have found some close matches I think in the games leading up to Sept. 4, but nothing 100% definate.

LMK if you need anything.

Thanks

stlbats@bellsouth.net

onlyalbert
01-23-2013, 11:44 PM
That would be great. I have found some close matches I think in the games leading up to Sept. 4, but nothing 100% definate.

LMK if you need anything.

Thanks

stlbats@bellsouth.net

What info does the authentication code have? Can you e-mail me a couple good shots to Lakeside62401 at hotmail dot com.