PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with GameWornUniforms.com?

TwinLakesPark
01-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Has anyone had any luck dealing with the folks over at GameWornUniforms.com? I am really interested in three higher end jerseys they have, but I am not satisfied making the purchase through their website with one photo and a very vague description (in fact two of the jerseys do not even have a photo). I sent them an email requesting additional photos and information, and I did get a response from Wayne stating that they would "look for the jersey in a day or two", but that was a week ago.

I would be interested in hearing about experiences dealing with them.

perlman9
01-08-2013, 08:30 PM
sounds about the same as I get. And I did get a Julian Peterson that was definitely issued, not worn, but they never responded to my request for an exchange and their photos do not always tell the story. Good luck, though! I know a few higher-end 49er collectors have had better success so maybe they can give some pointers

solarlottry
01-08-2013, 09:43 PM
I have dealt with Wayne on many occasions and he has always been easy to deal with. The best way to get things moving is too call them and they will look for the shirts you are interested in right then and there. Additionally when you have them on the phone ask for a detailed description of the shirt when it is in their hands.

Dealing with Wayne and ProAm in such a way usually works well. There have been instances where one jersey has been described as having "great use" and another as having " light use" but when they arrived the exact opposite was true! I kept both shirts as both had enough game use for me to be comfortable.

Another issue would be pricing. I always ask what is the best Wayne can do. Usually he will quote me a price and sometimes the Internet price has been cheaper. In those instances I have not said anything and just purchased the shirt via their website shortly after the phone conversation.

Admittedly ProAm is sometimes a bit disorganized but over the last 3-5 years I have added at least 20 49er shirts that are really nice additions to the collection.

Always buying game used/worn 49er items.

Paul
garciajones@ahoo.com

sox83cubs84
01-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Good guys, but not very good researchers. Descriptions sometimes have errors about years, player, etc. Do your homework to make sure the description is accurate. I've bought from them before, and admittedly have gotten good deals on items they haven't researched fully.

Dave Miedema