PDA

View Full Version : Biggio Hat

stdrwt11
01-09-2013, 11:13 PM
I am thinking of offering on this hat. It looks good to me but I am a novice. I read mainly positive dealings with this seller but just thought I would ask. Thanks all!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Craig-Biggio-Game-Used-Hat-Tribute-to-Darryl-Kile-2002-Houston-Astros-/300844369717?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460bb8c735

joelsabi
01-10-2013, 12:26 AM
is there supposed to be a sunshine kid pin on his hats?

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/1173496-second-baseman-craig-biggio-of-the-houston-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QP5Ty6YTKaLS0s%2b4tjMnZwI8JO 80a7ag3RYVypWOpOLMqi%2fqbbSiYTIt9uth0GYB4w%3d%3d

joelsabi
01-10-2013, 01:14 AM
hat tag match up with 1999-2001 new era tags. could be carryover tho.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=22388&highlight=museumbats

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=15162&highlight=museumbats

there are threads about this seller links above

frikativ54
01-10-2013, 11:07 AM
I am thinking of offering on this hat. It looks good to me but I am a novice. I read mainly positive dealings with this seller but just thought I would ask. Thanks all!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Craig-Biggio-Game-Used-Hat-Tribute-to-Darryl-Kile-2002-Houston-Astros-/300844369717?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460bb8c735

The hat is good. The size "7" is correct, the number written handwriting is consistent with other Biggio hats, and the inside inscription matches with a similar hat I own with an Astros' team letter. Only thing is that the seller wants a pretty penny for it. If you are willing to spend the money, you can get yourself an awesome hat.

joelsabi
01-10-2013, 11:20 AM
The hat is good. The size "7" is correct, the number written handwriting is consistent with other Biggio hats, and the inside inscription matches with a similar hat I own with an Astros' team letter. Only thing is that the seller wants a pretty penny for it. If you are willing to spend the money, you can get yourself an awesome hat.

does you hat have a sunshine kid pin on it? i read about him wearing this pin on his hat. it represented the charity he was involved with, one that contributing to him winning the prestigious Clemente award for service to his community. wondering if the pin was always on his hat or not.

glad you put your input into the hat.

frikativ54
01-10-2013, 11:30 AM
does you hat have a sunshine kid pin on it? i read about him wearing this pin on his hat. it represented the charity he was involved with, one that contributing to him winning the prestigious Clemente award for service to his community. wondering if the pin was always on his hat or not.

glad you put your input into the hat.

No - My hat does not have a Sunshine Kids pin in it, though I sure wish it did. But I got it directly from the Astros, so I trust that the cap is authentic.

And I've gotten some nice items from museumbats before, so I'd buy the hat without reservations, if I were a Biggio collector with deep pockets.

joelsabi
01-10-2013, 11:43 AM
No - My hat does not have a Sunshine Kids pin in it, though I sure wish it did. But I got it directly from the Astros, so I trust that the cap is authentic.

And I've gotten some nice items from museumbats before, so I'd buy the hat without reservations, if I were a Biggio collector with deep pockets.

best if your hat does not have one

just found this from 2007.

Just to show you how MLB can be, Craig Biggio (Astros) has sponsered the Sunshine Kids (cancer patients) for 20 years here in Houston. He has always wore a Sunshine Kid pin on his hat in spring training and during batting practice. This year during spring training someone from MLB noticed and forced him to quit wearing the pin. :evil1: Needless to say Biggio was very upset but complied. Several weeks later (someone in public relations probably) finally came back and said it was okay. :hello1: He has never worn it during reagular games. How picky can you get!

frikativ54
01-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Looks like the hat was sold for $300.

stdrwt11
01-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Yes indeed, I bought it today. I offered $275, they countered, then I countered at $300 saying I wouldn't pay more than that and they accepted. Thanks for the help all!

frikativ54
01-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Yes indeed, I bought it today. I offered $275, they countered, then I countered at $300 saying I wouldn't pay more than that and they accepted. Thanks for the help all!

Glad you got it worked out. I offered $200, he countered at $395, and I quit at that point, writing "If you ever want to sell it in the $200-275 range, I'd be interested." I'm glad you were able to get the seller down to $300. Enjoy the hat. :)

stdrwt11
01-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Thanks, I am glad I got it! Now I need to decide if I want to get it signed or not. Any idea on the mwaning of the wording? I wonder if this was the only hat he wore that season or if he had multiple? You would think a hat like this he would keep.