PDA

View Full Version : Twinsfest 2013

punch
01-11-2013, 03:01 PM
It's that time of year again folks! They posted the autograph and photo op schedules: http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/fan_forum/twinsfest.jsp

Who's going? I'll be there on Friday, as usual. I scored a good deal on a batting helmet from the pro shop last year on the first day. I'm curious how much GU inventory for sale this year. My guess is a lot.. I doubt they moved much equipment from last year. They are probably sitting on piles of it.

If you're going be sure to swing by the FanHQ booth and say hi to Shaun and his crew. He's always got some good GU stuff for street prices.

Mark17
01-12-2013, 01:00 AM
I'll be there with my Met Stadium seats, at Rich Ellis' table. He's got an awesome assortment of GU jerseys (mostly hockey but a little of everything, and vintage.) Looking forward to it!

-Mark

Klattsy
01-12-2013, 10:03 AM
What are the chances they would have a common player like Liam Hendriks items there? Any idea what they may go for? He started 16 games in 2012

harleighb
01-12-2013, 10:33 AM
I'll be in attendance again this year. Twinsfest is a can't miss event in my book. I'm guessing the crowds will be down this year in comparison to some prior years given the team's performance the last two seasons.

As far as game used items are concerned, the Twins sold only a fraction of the jerseys, caps and bats they had available at the Clubhouse Sale, so I would expect quite a bit will be on-hand. That said, I'd be surprised if they discounted the remaining items much since the product will need to last them the entire 2013 season.

Klattsy - The Twins will definitely have some Hendriks items available (they have those same items available right now), but no one around here thinks of him as a common player. The perception of him is of a guy with a lot of talent that just needs to make the transition from the minors to the majors. I'd expect his caps to be $50 and jerseys to be $200.

Vincent
01-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Well, I am flying in this time around...which means no bats or stadium banners. I was able to make a killing on the 7 foot by 2.5 foot stadium banners last year. Bought for $50 sold for $100 + shipping.
As for the game used memorabilia....from what I herd at the clubhouse sale, the Twins put everything as "Game issued". So unless a jersey has a tear, or dirt, it will be hard to do any photo matches.

rdeversole
01-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Well, I am flying in this time around...which means no bats or stadium banners. I was able to make a killing on the 7 foot by 2.5 foot stadium banners last year. Bought for $50 sold for $100 + shipping.
As for the game used memorabilia....from what I herd at the clubhouse sale, the Twins put everything as "Game issued". So unless a jersey has a tear, or dirt, it will be hard to do any photo matches.

Although their home pinstripe jerseys are quite easy to photomatch

tknorm
01-12-2013, 12:45 PM
any idea if they might have Ben Revere gu jerseys and what their price range might be?

harleighb
01-12-2013, 02:29 PM
I just checked with the Majestic Store at Target Field and was told that they don't have any Ben Revere GU jerseys in stock. They do have 3 Liam Hendriks jerseys available from 2012 ranging in price from $250-400 (two of the three are TBTC jerseys). Typically the GU items made available at Twinsfest by the team are the inventory from the Majestic Store (plus a small number of items for the silent and live auctions).

tknorm
01-12-2013, 02:40 PM
thank you for checking! :)

Vincent
01-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Last year at Twinsfest they had lots of stadium banners (the big ones) as well as plenty of bats for $75 of Cuddyer and I think Span. Also had a lot of jerseys that were over priced.

tony433433
01-14-2013, 02:17 PM
thank you for checking! :)
Hit me up. I have a Revere gamer and would listen to offers. (voan0201@gmail.com)

Tony

Klattsy
01-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Thanks as always Harleigh. I have learnt from the Luke Hughes experiment that if I wait a bit after rookie season the jerseys are more reasonably priced. If they are down in the $100-$150 price range it is much more acceptable for my wallet :)
If there is a GU hat showing use @ $50 I would be interested though!

Mark.

punch
01-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks as always Harleigh. I have learnt from the Luke Hughes experiment that if I wait a bit after rookie season the jerseys are more reasonably priced. If they are down in the $100-$150 price range it is much more acceptable for my wallet :)
If there is a GU hat showing use @ $50 I would be interested though!

Mark.

A Liam hat? I could keep my eye open.

Klattsy
01-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Yes thanks Brian, that would be great. As long as it shows a bit of use i'm happy.

harleighb
01-17-2013, 10:51 PM
Mark - I'll keep an eye out for Aussie items and shoot you an e-mail if I come across anything I think would be of interest to you. I'd love to have you on the hook for more beers if I ever make my way to Australia.

TBTwinsFan
01-21-2013, 03:33 PM
I'll be going, but I rarely look at the GU stuff. It always seems to be way out of my price range.

I pretty much go for the autos. Solid prospect lineup this year with Sano, May, Arcia, etc

baseballguy
01-22-2013, 01:11 PM
I am going and I am especially exited for Sano. Anyone have Sano game used gear I could trade or buy for?
thanks

Klattsy
01-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Sounds fine by me Harleigh. Hopefully I am up late watching the local leagues this weekend and can reply ASAP. If hats are around $50 and jerseys around $100 i'll bite straight away. Would need good use if not authenticated as GU.

Cheers mate,

adam-ky
01-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Anyone have any good luck and al did anyone find any Willingham Gamers?

AstrosGU
01-27-2013, 01:07 AM
The Astros had a couple of Rowland-Smith jerseys if you are interested. Saw his name in your signature as someone you collect.

Klattsy
01-28-2013, 12:41 AM
Thanks AJ, but Hyphen never made a MLB appearance for the Astros. Stuff would be ST BP Jerseys. Member on here emdeem may be interested tho (see Astros thread)

punch
01-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Anyone have a Twinsfest report?? I sadly missed it this weekend. Had kid duty sat & sunday and wasn't able to secure a babysitter. I heard all of the auto lines were much smaller (back to back 90 loss seasons will do that).

indyred
01-25-2014, 02:14 PM
Anyone going this weekend?

What is the report.