PDA

View Full Version : Washington Nationals -- Nats Fest

Spiralstairs
01-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Hi all -- new member here (but I've been lurking for months while my membership was pending). I'll be attending Nats Fest in a couple weeks and I understand there will be game used items available. I've never been to the fest before -- anyone have any guidance on what to expect? In particular, should I expect the prices to be set according to the same exorbitant schedule as the game-used kiosk at the park?

Thanks.

amgmap
01-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Thought I would bump this one back up to the top :D If anyone is attending that might be able to help me out, please shoot me an email. Also, I would love to hear about past experiences and pickups...with living in FL and all, I have to live vicariously through every one else lol Many many thanks if you can help! amgmap@gmail.com

DJaeger22
01-21-2013, 08:51 AM
They didn't have Nats fest last year for some reason. I did go the year before and they had a small selection of game used in their main team store, but I hadn't been collecting for too long and didn't really notice anything too great.

I'll be there on Saturday with a friend of mine and I'm heading straight to the game used set up that they have. They haven't said too much about what they will have in the booth.

amgmap
01-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Thanks for the quick reply! That's what I thought, that there wasn't one last year for some reason. How was the game used selection the last time that you went? I have a feeling that it might be a little crazy this year since they did so well this last season.

DJaeger22
01-21-2013, 09:07 AM
I remember seeing a few bats and maybe one or two jerseys in a little case and a stack of lineup cards that I did ask about and remember thinking that they were way overpriced for a team coming off a 90 loss season.

If you want to email me, below, you can tell me what you were looking for and I'll see what I can do.

Spiralstairs
01-22-2013, 10:09 PM
I'll probably be digging through the dregs of whatever game-used stuff they have -- doors don't open until 12 (with season ticket holders getting in an hour earlier), and we immediately have to get in line for wristbands so we can stand in another line for a 12:30 autograph session. I probably can't be at the team store until 1:30 or so.

I heard that they had $25 "grab bags" containing game-used stuff in past years -- hope they do that again.

HawaiiSportsNut
01-23-2013, 12:25 AM
I am always looking for Kurt Suzuki memorabilia. If anyone finds something that they are willing to sell, please email me.

guppies@guppies4me.com