PDA

View Full Version : Orioles fanfest 2013

geoff
01-15-2013, 03:30 PM
So Orioles fanfest is this Saturday January 19 2013.Who is going on the forum?I will be there and always bring a few things with me to trade or sell.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

geoff
01-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Oh and if anyone wants to meet up and say hi I will be there all day with a few other forum members.

ironmanfan
01-15-2013, 03:54 PM
Count Me In !

geoff
01-16-2013, 03:46 AM
Bill I am sure we will see each other.I will look out for you to say hello.

Thanks
Geoff

5toolplayer
01-16-2013, 04:59 PM
What game used items are u getting signed Geoff?

geoff
01-17-2013, 04:03 AM
Scott I don't think I am getting anything signed.I tried to get autograph vouchers but could not get through before they all sold out.

5toolplayer
01-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Got a few Manny Machado items signed today. Always such a good dude. Dylan Bundy....Kid was walking around and acting like he was a 5 time Cy Young Award Winner. Not impressed at all with him.

Autographed today @ O's Fan Fest 1/19/13
2011 Frederick Keys G/U Manny Machado Road Grey jersey. Team LOA

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/jersey010.jpg
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/jersey014.jpg
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/jersey2photo.jpg
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x369/5toolplayer/jersey1photo.jpg

DJaeger22
01-19-2013, 10:42 PM
I didn't get to go this year because of work but my buddies went up and I think one got a spring training orange jersey of Stu Pomeranz fairly cheap, not sure what the other friend got.

Scott, strange that Dylan was acting that way. I've talked to him a handful of times and he's always been great to talk to, joking around with us and very humble. He's pretty quiet at first but he warmed up to us pretty quick.

Chris78
01-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Did not attend this year. How was the game used? Also, how was the free area with regards to past promotions? Did they give away any statues? How was the mood with Earl Weaver's passing? I did not get any autograph stations and decided not to make the 3 hour drive.

Chris

MarkakisMania
01-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Did not attend this year. How was the game used? Also, how was the free area with regards to past promotions? Did they give away any statues? How was the mood with Earl Weaver's passing? I did not get any autograph stations and decided not to make the 3 hour drive.

Chris

Game Used was complete garbage. A total waste of time, a number of people I spoke with who got in as the doors opened and were anywhere from 1st - 10th in the door of the game used room and they all said the same thing. No playoff anything, no batting helmets, virtually all the game worn jersey's were from ST, minor league players or bench players and the game used bats might as well have been firewood.

There were zero marquee players of any sort available.

Very, very disappointing for those who stood in line for literally 5 hours in the freezing morning cold for this pitiful display. Prices were even bumped up again this year to $250.00 per jersey.

Jeb

geoff
01-21-2013, 04:01 PM
I was 12th in line and stood in the cold weather for over 3 hours with a few other forum members and when we got up in the room there was already like 30 people in the room going through items.We were pissed off about that as in years past they did not let that happen til the doors opened.There was not a great selection but did end up getting a few good things I thought but prices were too high for non star player jerseys.It was nice hanging and seeing some members again like always.I did end up getting.

2 banners that had the Orioles 20th Anniversary on them.These were like gold in that room and people were trying to get ours.1 is available for sale if any member has interest.Just email me and we can talk more about the banner.

Mark Reynolds game used road grey jersey

Jonathan Scoop game used home white jersey

Anyone else get anything from fanfest that can post pickups?

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

Oriolesfan29
01-21-2013, 10:02 PM
I was in line with Geoff for three hours as well. Ended up getting a few items:

2012 Game Used Mark Reynolds Game Used Road Jersey
2012 Game Used Mark Reynolds Uncracked Old Hickory Bat
2012 Game Used Nolan Reimold Cracked Marucci Bat
1 2012 4ft Camden Yards 20th Anniversary Street Banner
3 2012 8ft Camden Yards 20th Anniversary Street Banners

I really wanted Mark Reynolds items and the street banners so all and all I was happy. As others have expressed, however, I was disappointed that people were let in early and the increased prices for lower tier players. Hopefully it will be better next year or my days waiting for hours in the freezing cold might be numbered.

thomaslynch
01-22-2013, 01:31 PM
I got in almost first to the memorabilia room and managed to get a Reynolds BP jersey and a Tillman BP. I saw one of the workers holding a Bundy ST jersey and I asked him about it. He said he was going to buy it but showed me where an orange #82 Bundy was and I bought it for $250. The BP jerseys were $50 each but there were no Wieters, Jones, Machado, or Markakis. I did get a Wieters bat for $150 and there were several of his bats there.

geoff
01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Well if you are looking to sell or trade the Bundy jersey let me know.

Thanks
Geoff

geof631@yahoo.com

thomaslynch
01-22-2013, 09:35 PM
Here are some pics of the Bundy jersey. I really want to keep it right now but I was trying to find a pic where he wore this style/color and I can't. Does anyone know if the O's wore this style/color in spring training?

Chris78
01-23-2013, 04:35 PM
How was the game used hat selection? Also, how was the free line with promotions?

Chris

thomaslynch
01-23-2013, 04:57 PM
There were no game used hats or batting helmets or batting gloves. The only game used items were jerseys and bats. As far as the give aways, I do not know for sure.