PDA

View Full Version : The most ridiculous fake in a while...

respo
01-16-2013, 11:57 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Troy-Brown-New-England-Patriots-Team-Game-Issued-Jersey-with-Upshaw-Patch-/251214637153?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item3a7d8f2861

jersey obtained from team source that has all the customizations for Troy Brown including elastic arm cuffs and elastic waist band...impossible to find these jerseys...

joelsabi
01-16-2013, 12:04 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Troy-Brown-New-England-Patriots-Team-Game-Issued-Jersey-with-Upshaw-Patch-/251214637153?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item3a7d8f2861

jersey obtained from team source that has all the customizations for Troy Brown including elastic arm cuffs and elastic waist band...impossible to find these jerseys...

fake because impossible to find? can you give details as to what you think is fake? tags, patches, bad stitching, etc. and show some evidence so its educational and something to learn from. look forward to you sharing your findings.

joelsabi
01-16-2013, 12:12 PM
wrong size 54

this example is a 48

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=309384&postcount=36

i like the set 2 indentifiers on the inside numbering of the jersey. nice way to see if its a fake.

respo
01-16-2013, 01:22 PM
fake because impossible to find? can you give details as to what you think is fake? tags, patches, bad stitching, etc. and show some evidence so its educational and something to learn from. look forward to you sharing your findings.

its fake because its a korean replica retail jersey with poorly tailored waist and sleeves to resemble a game cut jersey. as well as the gene upshaw patch which was worn after brown had already retired. is that ok with you?

joelsabi
01-16-2013, 01:33 PM
its fake because its a korean replica retail jersey with poorly tailored waist and sleeves to resemble a game cut jersey. as well as the gene upshaw patch which was worn after brown had lready retired. is that ok with you?

not questioning your expertise if that is how it came across. i like to learn something from a post. i saw that patch was used in 1983. little things like this make a post more relevant in my opionion.

with more and more real patroits jersey coming out from the patriots inventory i just thought it would be nice to get more detail than a blatant its fake and i knew you could supply more detail.

joelsabi
01-16-2013, 01:37 PM
not questioning your expertise if that is how it came across. i like to learn something from a post. i saw that patch was used in 1983. little things like this make a post more relevant in my opionion.

with more and more real patroits jersey coming out from the patriots inventory i just thought it would be nice to get more detail than a blatant its fake and i knew you could supply more detail.

WORN 2008 ALSO

cubbs1232
01-16-2013, 03:19 PM
its fake because its a korean replica retail jersey with poorly tailored waist and sleeves to resemble a game cut jersey. as well as the gene upshaw patch which was worn after brown had already retired. is that ok with you?

You come off as he insulted you when he asked you why you said its a fake. Read the forum rules before posting

Forum rule #16 states

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item. In addition, while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately.

NEFAN
01-17-2013, 12:23 PM
You come off as he insulted you when he asked you why you said its a fake. Read the forum rules before posting

Forum rule #16 states

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item. In addition, while this forum is designed to help educate collectors, we will not allow comments that accuse entities in the hobby of participating in any form of criminal wrong-doing. Any posts suggesting criminal wrong-doing should be brought to the attention of the moderators immediately.

+1

Preston
01-18-2013, 03:14 PM
Wouldn't go so far as to throw out the word fake, as simple research pretty much says it without actually saying it.

The fact that it's a size 54 is enough for me to think logically in that a 5 foot 9 (listed, so probably shorter) 180 lb (again, listed, probably smaller) is not wearing a size 54 anything.

Jags Fan Dan
01-18-2013, 03:47 PM
This jersey is very odd for all of the reasons mentioned. To me, the oddest aspect is, someone went to a lot of time and trouble adding patches, hemming, adding elastic, etc. Wouldn't you, if you were doing this with the assumed intention of having a jersey that could be passed off as "issued", at least get a size that was feasibly worn by a receiver?

Mulligans
01-18-2013, 04:10 PM
I agree with you that this jersey just looks like a horrible FAKE......the part that I have been struggling with since I saw this post is who the seller is. The Seller is a well known Boston/Providence area Memorabilia Store. They have incredible contacts and contracts with all of the A list Boston players.

Where the hell did they get this Jersey and what the hell are they thinking?? They sell a lot of Game used Memorabilia and they cannot think that this is real??

paul457
02-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Wow...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adam-Vinatieri-New-England-Patriots-Team-Game-Issued-Silver-Alternate-Jersey-/261098246177?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item3ccaab1021

So Troy Brown, Vinatieri, and Wilfork all wear a size 54. Interesting... :rolleyes:

When I first saw these listings I literally laughed out loud. Scary that people are actually making offers. I'm a newb and even I wouldn't touch these with a 50' pole.

gamer2012
02-12-2013, 10:02 PM
The tagging in the collar is all you have to see, the rest is just icing on the cake... :D

paul457
02-13-2013, 07:56 PM
The tagging in the collar is all you have to see, the rest is just icing on the cake... :D

Oh wow, didn't even see that! Wonder why the nameplate is missing if it's a retail jersey?