PDA

View Full Version : Estimate price range, lol

hairyangryfella
01-17-2013, 04:25 PM
I immediately wanted this Steve Smith jersey from the Hunt auction, and their estimate price was $500-750 so I thought I actually had a real shot at it. It was around $400 the other day, then I check up and it's at $2261!

http://www.huntauctions.com/LIVE/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=40&lot_num=16&lot_qual=

Is there are serious Smith or Carolina collector?
So sad to not have a chance as it's a beauty, but obviously some people want it bad.

hairyangryfella
01-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Want it bad, or just that I have no idea how much Smith jerseys usually go for...

legaleagle92481
01-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Those are always way low on there. I think they do it on purpose to later look like all the items exceeded expectations.

trsent
01-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Those are always way low on there. I think they do it on purpose to later look like all the items exceeded expectations.

Really? I would think sometimes it hurts final bid.

hairyangryfella
01-17-2013, 08:03 PM

I hope they're not false... There are only a few I could afford!

legaleagle92481
01-18-2013, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=trsent;312878]Really? I would think sometimes it hurts final bid.[/QUOTE

NFL Auctions and the Super Bowl Auction attract a very unique subset of bidders who don't appear to have any concern for what they could sell the item for tomorrow. Check out some of the prices from past year's auctions. Much of what is in the SB Auction is from NFL Auctions and is is advertised thereon and besides the online crowd you get the rich folks at the live auction portion.

bballzs14
01-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Yea, unfortunately 500-750 is way low for a Steve Smith gamer. He's much closer to $3-5K in an auction like this. His jerseys are fairly tough to get, which drives the price up at auction.

hairyangryfella
01-18-2013, 09:13 PM
[QUOTE=trsent;312878]Really? I would think sometimes it hurts final bid.[/QUOTE

NFL Auctions and the Super Bowl Auction attract a very unique subset of bidders who don't appear to have any concern for what they could sell the item for tomorrow. Check out some of the prices from past year's auctions. Much of what is in the SB Auction is from NFL Auctions and is is advertised thereon and besides the online crowd you get the rich folks at the live auction portion.

So do I have any chance of getting any jersey for about $700 or less do you think?

hairyangryfella
02-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Holy smokes... every single jersey I was looking it is miles above what it was at/the estimate. Guess I won't get my 2nd NFL gamer then, cannot believe these prices!