Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TwinLakesPark
    • Nov 2012

Detroit Tigers mid 80's Batting Jersey Help

I was looking for some help on a jersey I just acquired. I purchased this Lance Parrish jersey as a 1985 game worn Wilson batting jersey. It appears to have had a number change, to its current number 13. I don't question the authenticity of this jersey, as it came from the team in a bulk purchase.

I am trying to confirm that it was from 1985. Some of my reference material suggests that this style batting jersey was only worn from 89-91 and in spring training. During 89-91, there were no roster players who wore #13. The remainder of the collection of these jerseys that I am going to purchase include many other uniform numbers that were worn in 1985 and not in 89-91.

Does anyone have any other knowledge of these NNOB Wilson white batting jerseys from the Tigers?

• sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: Detroit Tigers mid 80's Batting Jersey Help

The DX tag indicates 1991 usage, according to Wilson's alpha year/month codes, so there is no way Lance would have worn it. Also, the few Parrishes I have seen from Wilson have been size 46, not 42. Team-issued, yes, but worn by Lance Parrish...not.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• flaco1801
      • Nov 2005

Dave...what is the number 14 tag? inventory or jersey number?

Comment

• TwinLakesPark
        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
        The DX tag indicates 1991 usage, according to Wilson's alpha year/month codes, so there is no way Lance would have worn it. Also, the few Parrishes I have seen from Wilson have been size 46, not 42. Team-issued, yes, but worn by Lance Parrish...not.

Dave Miedema
        Much appreciated Dave. I actually just stumbled upon the Wilson tagging primer that had the decoding for the DX tag.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
          Banned
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by flaco1801
          I'm not sure on that one.

Dave M.

Comment

• TNTtoys
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by flaco1801
            The "14" is an inventory number. I have seen several 80s Tigers jerseys with similar tags.
            Looking for ...
            Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
            Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
            Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...