Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob L
    • Nov 2005

Anyone familiar with this uniform?

Picked up this tintype a few weeks ago. Anyone familar with the uniform. I don't think it is the Athletics but I am not sure?

Rob L
    Attached Files
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com
  • mjkm90
    • Nov 2005

Re: Anyone familiar with this uniform?

Congratulations on an oustanding tin-type. Great looking piece. That uni predates the Athletics who formed in 1901. There were many many town, company, social, and school teams that could have worn your jersey during the mid and late 1800s.
    Mike H

Comment

• Rob L
      • Nov 2005

Re: Anyone familiar with this uniform?

The uniform is interesting in that it is a half-bib or half-shield variety jersey. The Athletics in Philadelphia had similar jerseys in the 1860s but I had not seen any Harpers woodcuts of this team with a half-bibbed jersey.

Rob L
      Rob L
      loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Comment

Working...