PDA

View Full Version : Pawn Stars Dennis Rodman Jerseys

gaytorhater703
01-21-2013, 11:13 PM
His ex had some nice jerseys on the show. Pistons, Bulls and even Mavericks jerseys...prices seemed low to me but whatcha expect from a pawn shop.

MLB~NUT
01-21-2013, 11:24 PM
I also saw that episode! I wonder if they truly buy the stuff people bring in there...:confused:

Rob L
01-22-2013, 01:14 AM
They do. I go in there every time in Vegas and see the show items all the time.

yanks12025
01-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Show is 100% fake!! I doubt they buy the items to sell. They get friends or hire people to bring items in. You really think someone will bring a cannon to a pawn store or the people selling items thousands less then the expert value.

JDubbs73
01-22-2013, 09:21 PM
This thread has peaked my curiosity. Has anyone here checked out a pawn shop for GU items (or even purchased a GU item from one)? I never before considered one as a potential resource.

hohlernr1
01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
I was at the pawn shop featured in Hardcore Pawn this past wekkend and they surprisingly had a pretty good size sports memorabilia collection. They had a few game used bats and jerseys, but can't really remember who. I would definitely be hesitant to purchase anything from them without doing the proper homework.

mad87man
01-22-2013, 09:50 PM
They do. I go in there every time in Vegas and see the show items all the time.

How it works is people ask to bring things in. If you go on the site there is a place you can submit your stuff. You go in if its a cool enough item before the store opens and they tape it. The experts tell you obviously what they think its worth.

chakes89
01-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Show is 100% fake!! I doubt they buy the items to sell. They get friends or hire people to bring items in. You really think someone will bring a cannon to a pawn store or the people selling items thousands less then the expert value.
Have any proof to back up this claim?

trsent
01-22-2013, 11:17 PM
I lived in Vegas for just over four years at the turn of the century, and the only time I went to a pawn shop was because my friend's crack addict girlfriend had put a bunch of stuff up for loan and he had me go to the shop to pay to get their stuff back.

In other words, these shops do buy/sell/loan to people. I'm sure they see more junk than you can imagine. Between the drug addicts and the degenerate gamblers in Las Vegas there must be a ton of business.

My house was robbed around 2003-2004 and I'm sure my ex-girlfriend who robbed me (police did nothing) pawned everything somewhere. She should have called me and asked me for money. I'm sure she sold the $10,000 in stuff she took for about $500 - I would have given her that if she asked.

Surprisingly, she left a ton of game used jerseys and autographed photos and only took limited items. Not sure why...

yanks12025
01-23-2013, 05:21 AM
Have any proof to back up this claim?

Seriously? Not that hard to do a search on the internet. Do you still think storage wars is real?

Samets
01-23-2013, 06:52 AM
There's a gamer on eBay that I have been eyeing being sold by a pawn shop. They actually had a few gamers and since have sold all but one which is overpriced for the player...

I would imagine it to be easy to pawn something with paper provenance or a certificate. JO Sports comes to mind since their certificates have a team signed one as well as theirs with pictures. I can see how that will put the shop at ease... I can only imagine the low ball offer the pawn shop will give them...

jscott0688
01-23-2013, 11:57 AM
His ex had some nice jerseys on the show. Pistons, Bulls and even Mavericks jerseys...prices seemed low to me but whatcha expect from a pawn shop.

I don't know about you, but I got the feeling that the money won't be going to her child's tuition payments.

Preston
01-23-2013, 03:06 PM
I've picked up several game used items from a pawn shop...1 being a pair of signed, game worn Derrick Mayes Notre Dame gloves w/ the ND logo on them, signed on the palm. The other is a much better item, Prince Fielder's 2005 game worn Nashville Sounds batting helmet. To date this pawn shop hasn't gotten any more game used items, but I check periodically just in case.

UTeric3232
01-23-2013, 05:37 PM
I find it interesting that the Dallas Mavericks Rodman gamer was considered the least valuable of the 3 because Dennis played only 12 games with them.

I would think it would be one of the most valuable...at most there is what, 2-3 in existence.

jordanhigh69
01-24-2013, 04:19 AM
Hi all,
Re, the pawn shows, such as Pawn Stars here in Vegas being fake, I was contacted by the producers of that show previously. I had some Playboy chairs listed for sale on CL & the bay and they contacted me to go on PS with my chairs. After asking them if they could guarantee me a certain pricepoint for them(so I don't waste my time/energy, etc lugging them down there) and them making no promises, I respectfully declined their request. FYI, I saw Rodman, bellyin up to a bar, at the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood this past weekend too. He was doin signings there for some memorabilia shop.

Steve

ABL228
01-24-2013, 03:28 PM
I was watching reruns of this show and a "1st time customer" came in to sell a coke-a-cola dispenser. Later the pawnstar guys took it to "Rike Dale's Restorations".

A few years later Rick Dale got a spin off. On Rick Dale's show his brother works with them at the shop. The brother of Rick Dale was the SAME GUY who originally brought in the Coke dispenser to the pawn shop.

They broke me heart ;)

NEFAN
01-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Seriously? Not that hard to do a search on the internet. Do you still think storage wars is real?

I would call it staged rather than fake. Real people, real $$, real items. Just follow a script.

tella27
01-27-2013, 07:26 PM
I've found some good items at Pawn Shops but have found when you do find something they want over retail most times. You can find a lot of UDA signed pro cut stuff from the 90s more than anything. I bought a Penny Hardaway signed UDA 94/95 magic pro cut for $150 last year.
It's like anything else in life sometimes you strikeout and sometimes you hit a homerun.

beachpetrol
09-18-2014, 06:33 PM
Interesting read regarding some items that have gone through Pawn Stars doors

http://haulsofshame.com/blog/?p=31948

sportsnbikes
09-18-2014, 10:09 PM
Crooks...every single one of them. There is not a single company that I trust for opinion based signatures.

allstarsplus
09-20-2014, 10:26 AM
I was watching reruns of this show and a "1st time customer" came in to sell a coke-a-cola dispenser. Later the pawnstar guys took it to "Rick Dale's Restorations".

A few years later Rick Dale got a spin off. On Rick Dale's show his brother works with them at the shop. The brother of Rick Dale was the SAME GUY who originally brought in the Coke dispenser to the pawn shop.

They broke me heart ;)

Sounds like you caught them in some possible BS if in fact they knew each other. I watch both shows and a huge fan of American Restoration.