View Full Version : Another braun hit ball I need help with what number it was

jjkraner
01-27-2013, 12:16 PM
September 22,2010 double in first.

What hit #

jbean023
01-27-2013, 01:00 PM
Hi

You can use baseball reference game splits see what he finished Sept 21 with and go from there.

joelsabi
01-27-2013, 05:58 PM
September 22,2010 double in first.

What hit #

Can anyone help? Here is the mlb hologram.

Hologram number FJ406484 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.
Session Product Description:

Session Name: MIL AT MIN
Session Date: July 01, 2011
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: 3RD INNING. LIRIANO TO BRAUN FOR A SINGLE, THEN PUT OUT OF PLAY BY LIRIANO.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players
search for braun

You will use at least two tabs 1) career stats and 2) game log

You need the career tab to figure out the number of hits to begin the season in 2010. That means subtracting 2012 and 2011 season totals from the career totals.

You then go to the "game log" tab of that season (2010 season)

and start counting. On the day of the event if the number of hits is more than one, you have to look at the Play by Play to figure out the correct count. There's a link on the score column for that date to click on to see the box score so you can count the correct amount. For example, if Braun had two hits in the game, I am not assuming the double was his first hit of the inning even though it is likely.

Sometime the count is so large that it gets frustrating. What I usually do is copy and paste the log for the season onto EXCEL spreadsheet and sort by dates. Delete all the monthly dividers. Then I add an extra column to count a running total for the season. It's a simple formula adding cells.

After a couple of trials you will get the hang of it.

If my son asks me the same question in the future I would give him these instructions, or even less, and let him figure out the answer for himself.

Second time you ask a counting type question so just in case its a matter of not knowing how or not knowing where to look, you can try it for yourself.

If its a time constraint situation, im pretty sure there two members who will bail you out.

jbean023
01-27-2013, 06:14 PM
You don't have to do all that work go to baseball reference , search ryan Braun, game log then by year. Go to the previous game click the tab to the left and baseball reference will add all his stats to that date.

Thanks

If you need more assistance then email me

jjkraner
01-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the info. I had no idea how to look it up. This helps a lot for the future.

joelsabi
01-27-2013, 06:20 PM
You don't have to do all that work go to baseball reference , search ryan Braun, game log then by year. Go to the previous game click the tab to the left and baseball reference will add all his stats to that date.

Thanks

If you need more assistance then email me

great info. thought they already did career running totals for homeruns.

joelsabi
01-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the info. I had no idea how to look it up. This helps a lot for the future.

Nothing wrong if you want someone to verify your calculation especially if you are getting that type of inscription. Thought it was a matter of knowing where to look. afterall its grade school math. maybe jbean23 can give you the link what he is talking about.

if the log calculates total to the date as jbean023 mentions, just verify the box scores from that day of the event to get the proper count.

jbean023
01-27-2013, 06:25 PM
They do career running stats on every stat each game on baseball reference

joelsabi
01-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Thats a pretty cool short cut

I click on the 150 once and a popup gives cumulative season totals to that date. Way quicker than the spreadsheet.

jbean023
01-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Yeah that's what i was talking about also does playoffs and fielding stats for most players big time saver

jbean023
01-27-2013, 07:54 PM
I use my phone for the internet otherwise i would of posted some pictures.