PDA

View Full Version : Mark Grace sentenced to jail in Arizona DUI case

xpress34
01-31-2013, 11:53 PM
Mark Grace sentenced to jail in Arizona DUI case (http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-mlb/20130131/Mark.Grace-DUI/)

godwulf
02-01-2013, 04:30 AM
Much to my chagrin and embarassment, the Diamondbacks have announced that Grace will be a "special coach" during Spring Training, and a "minor league coach during the regular season". I hope they at least send his ass to freeze in Yakima.

ironmanfan
02-01-2013, 09:08 AM
I was liking his ex-wife in that "Baseball Wives" reality show!

yanks12025
02-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Should be mark disgrace now.

godwulf
02-01-2013, 02:40 PM
I was liking his ex-wife in that "Baseball Wives" reality show!

Which one did they use? I think he's had at least three.

godwulf
02-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Just to put a game-used spin on the thread, there's kind of a funny story behind one of my Mark Grace bats - one that he used in '02 or '03.

Grace was taking early BP before the ballpark opened one evening, and the bat flew out of his hands as he swung and ended up in the seats. He just made a disgusted noise and went and got another bat; I guess he didn't feel like going to retrieve it, and there were no team staff people over in that part of the ballpark yet.

A certain sports reporter, watching this from up in the booth, noticed where the bat landed, and saw that not a soul was going after it. So he casually went down, found the bat, and then smuggled it up to the booth and put it with his stuff. I picked it up from another media guy who owns a card shop and was selling it for his friend.

sox83cubs84
02-01-2013, 05:01 PM
I know Mark and think the world of him, but, hey, if you're gonna do the crime, you've gotta do the time.

Dave Miedema

xpress34
02-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Just to put a game-used spin on the thread, there's kind of a funny story behind one of my Mark Grace bats - one that he used in '02 or '03.

Grace was taking early BP before the ballpark opened one evening, and the bat flew out of his hands as he swung and ended up in the seats. He just made a disgusted noise and went and got another bat; I guess he didn't feel like going to retrieve it, and there were no team staff people over in that part of the ballpark yet.

A certain sports reporter, watching this from up in the booth, noticed where the bat landed, and saw that not a soul was going after it. So he casually went down, found the bat, and then smuggled it up to the booth and put it with his stuff. I picked it up from another media guy who owns a card shop and was selling it for his friend.

Jeff -

That 'media guy' wouldn't happen to have a shop on Cactus right across from 7-11 would he?

I hit up all the shops when I'm there for Spring Training and I've bought quite a bit from those boys...

- Smitty