PDA

View Full Version : Matsui Grand Slam baseball

joelsabi
02-02-2013, 10:42 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160963731983?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&autorefresh=true

This was a nice piece. I watched it at the last minute.

it went to $510 until a minute left. I pressed on the bid button to put a bid of $1000 just in case the reserve was not met I could have the high bid just over $510 somewhere and some padding. we could do some negotiation or maybe i could get lucky and he would do a "make offer" to the high bidder.

then the window that popped up flickered and showed 999.00 and reset the window to the textbox to entered another amount. but by the time it was too late to enter a new amount to bid. I closed the window and saw the auction was over and more important i notice the reserve was met.

so is my assumption correct that the winning bidder possible had made a last minute bid that was over the reserve and that the bid jumped to the point of the reserve. was my bid window reset because my ready bid of $1000 was less than the hidden high bid? My ready bid was over the reserve so I thought it would at least allow me to bid at that point.

Wished I had more time to think. The person who won it had a feedback of over 89,000. So this could be an auction house account and this item will be auctioned off again soon.

Dach0sen0ne
02-02-2013, 01:24 PM
$999 was probably the reserve and was met with a last second bid of $999 or more. Even if you were able to bid $1K, it probably wouldn't have met the minimum bid increment and it would have asked you to put in a higher amount.

joelsabi
02-02-2013, 01:48 PM
$999 was probably the reserve and was met with a last second bid of $999 or more. Even if you were able to bid $1K, it probably wouldn't have met the minimum bid increment and it would have asked you to put in a higher amount.

so the reset was because $1K wasnt higher than the next acceptable incremental bid. is that correct. i havent enough experience on reserve auctions to know what behavior occurs when the popup bid window is reset to know.

i was caught offguard with the reset. what i learned is to give myself an extra few seconds to what is going on before clicking the bid button.

so the bid history shows that the $570 was the maximum bid for the person was the high bidder with one minute to go.

The winning bid was the reserve and if the reserve was higher the seller would have made more money. You think the seller did a disservice to himself by making it a reserve auction?

Dach0sen0ne
02-02-2013, 04:07 PM
so the reset was because $1K wasnt higher than the next acceptable incremental bid. is that correct. i havent enough experience on reserve auctions to know what behavior occurs when the popup bid window is reset to know.

i was caught offguard with the reset. what i learned is to give myself an extra few seconds to what is going on before clicking the bid button.

so the bid history shows that the $570 was the maximum bid for the person was the high bidder with one minute to go.

The winning bid was the reserve and if the reserve was higher the seller would have made more money. You think the seller did a disservice to himself by making it a reserve auction?

With the final bid of $999 meeting the reserve, the next bid would've needed to be $1004 to meet the $5 increment at $999. I think for some strange reason people don't like to bid on reserve auctions, but that's just my experience on ebay.