PDA

View Full Version : Lee Roy Selmon Tampa Bay RC Helmet - American Mem.

ousooner_85
02-04-2013, 12:16 AM
I've searched for images with examples of the numbers on the back without any luck. Could that have been a preseason deal? I was able to style match the face mask.

Any thoughts on this helmet and does being from the "Marinovich" collection really carry any weight as to its legitimacy?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=76166&t=Open&c=%5CGame+Worn%2DUsed%5CFootball%5C&p=0&s=AuctionEnd+DESC%2C+Featured+DESC%2C+RandNo+ASC&offset=30

gingi79
02-04-2013, 12:25 AM
Player LOA's have been discredited more often lately. If it were something I were interested in and couldn't find a photo match or even a style match, a letter from a player would hold little water.

This isn't to say the helmet is a knockoff or 100% authentic, but a letter from someone, anyone, player or not is worth the price of a piece of paper.

ousooner_85
02-04-2013, 12:37 AM
That was kind of what I was thinking on the Marinovich part. I wouldn't mind having the helmet but I'm going more assurance as to its validity than what they have provided.

ousooner_85
02-04-2013, 08:59 PM
Any Bucs experts or image savy people know of Tampa Bay wearing number decals on the back of their helmets as described/shown in the auction?

jake33
02-05-2013, 10:49 AM
I have every bucs team highlight video from 1976-2005 on dvd, so i have footage from every NFL season Selmon played. I would have to go and look through everything in details, but jsut froma 2-3 minute glance all looks good.

I do have the original Buccaneers equipment mangers contact information as well and I get his thoughts for you...

ousooner_85
02-05-2013, 11:14 AM
That would be great! Would love to have the helmet if everything checked out right. Let me know.....Thanks!

I have every bucs team highlight video from 1976-2005 on dvd, so i have footage from every NFL season Selmon played. I would have to go and look through everything in details, but jsut froma 2-3 minute glance all looks good.

I do have the original Buccaneers equipment mangers contact information as well and I get his thoughts for you...