PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Reaction

EurekaDave
02-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Sad place this West Coast today. But we'll survive.

So happy to be a collector, though, because my "junk," dirty jerseys and all, freezes in time special memories good and bad. Sure, I wish the 9ers had won. But everybody won --because for a few hours we stopped thinking about bad thihngs in life that don't stop when the clock runs out.

So I say, bring on next season. In the meantime, I'd got the World Baseball Classic and baseball to think about.

So have a cold one, dream about Beyonce, and chillax.....

Dave Silverbrand

xpress34
02-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Dave -

My Super Bowl reaction...

It's time for Pitcher's and Catcher's to Report!!!! I'll be out in the desert in 2 weeks and i can't wait!

- Smitty

sox83cubs84
02-04-2013, 03:30 PM
My wife and I watched the game, and couldn't for the life of us get the remote control to fix an audio glitch on the game...Jim Nance, Phil Simms and the sideline reporters were all speaking in SPANISH! The refs on the field, the studio crew, the ads, all of those were in standard English, but we couldn't correct the language problem on the play-by-play...to make matters worse, the remote was giving instructions in Spanish, as well (which, needless to say, neither of us understand). It was weid, but still fun, and I loved the 49ers' solid attempt at a comeback. Maybe in a few years, Colin Kaepernick will take over the nickname coined for his coach during his playing days in Indianapolis..."Captain Comeback".

Dave Miedema

frikativ54
02-04-2013, 03:34 PM
My wife and I watched the game, and couldn't for the life of us get the remote control to fix an audio glitch on the game...Jim Nance, Phil Simms and the sideline reporters were all speaking in SPANISH! The refs on the field, the studio crew, the ads, all of those were in standard English, but we couldn't correct the language problem on the play-by-play...to make matters worse, the remote was giving instructions in Spanish, as well (which, needless to say, neither of us understand). It was weid, but still fun, and I loved the 49ers' solid attempt at a comeback. Maybe in a few years, Colin Kaepernick will take over the nickname coined for his coach during his playing days in Indianapolis..."Captain Comeback".

Dave Miedema

No puedes hablar espanol, Sr. Miedema? :p In all seriousness, I think it's the remote control's SAP (Second Audio Programming, I think) button that you have to press.

As for the game, I was really disappointed. Mostly for my brother, because he's a diehard 49ers fan and was in attendance last night. Plus, I didn't want to see Ray Lewis come out victorious.

slab0meat
02-04-2013, 04:45 PM
I had no real rooting interest, other than a little money on Baltimore with winnings from the Seattle game. I'm glad all the Lewis focus is over (or over soon).. and being very close to his hometown, I'm glad Flacco won it. That guy's playoff numbers are something to behold, especially for making it and winning at least one, each of his first five years.

I also honestly believe this game would have stayed ugly, if not moreso, if the game wasn't delayed. Even the halftime break didn't slow down the Ravens, and the 49ers still looked iffy at best when they got the ball back, right before the delay.

Also NOT a fan of Gore's "we were the better team" garbage... grow up.

WadeInBmore
02-04-2013, 05:26 PM
A good day to be from Baltimore. Was working last time they won the SB, this time enjoyed it with friends!!! From fireworks to the clanking of pans it was very awesome to see the young and old flood into the streets to celebrate.

onlyalbert
02-04-2013, 08:01 PM
So....was it pass interference at the end? Looked kind of iffy to me. Coulda gone either way.

arjos
02-14-2013, 09:58 PM
I live in the bay area so I say this: If your the type of Niner fan who would watch a a taped game blowout so you can critic your teams performance then your my kind of fan. As for the other 99% of you flag wavers I say thank you Baltimore!