PDA

View Full Version : R. Peete/JD Booty/M. Leinart/Rob Johnson

Firststringer
02-09-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm on the lookout for gamers/buying. Contact me: mistersmr @ aol dotcom Thanks!

G1X
02-10-2013, 02:46 AM
Rodney Peete Dallas Cowboys (blue # 9) - Apex size 48 long with‘94 year tag. NFL 75th patch removed. Light wear - $350

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Firststringer
02-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Thanks Mark. Nice jersey. But I'm less interested at that price w/o NFL 75th patch. Are there any remnant stitch marks indicating its removal? Otherwise this could be a back-up shirt and may not have been prepared for actual game use. Can't tell from the photos you sent. RP played in 7 games in 1994 but I'm unable to find any photo reference of him wearing blue (road) jersey.

G1X
02-10-2013, 10:30 PM
The last photo in my previous post was an attempt to show where the patch had been removed. When the team removed the patch, they apparently put a slight tear in the jersey on the top right area of where the patch was located as it does not appear to be a rip from game use.

The Cowboys wore blue at least twice in 1994 - at Washington on October 2 (Washington always wore white at home back in that era) and at Arizona on October 23 (the Cardinals historically wore white at home when the Cowboys came to town dating back to their years in St. Louis). A quick look at Getty's Images will substantiate this fact.

Peete did not participate in the game at Washington, but he came off the bench to lead the Cowboys to a come-from-behind win at Arizona after Aikman went out with a concussion in the first half. Peete threw for two TDs including the game-winner in the fourth quarter when Dallas scored the last 14 points to seal the 28-21 victory.

In my humble opinion, the jersey shows light use as it is not "crisp" or in "mint" condition, but there are no signs of obvious use such as rips, repairs, scraping, etc. I would set a higher price if it did.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

G1X
02-10-2013, 11:02 PM
The last photo in my previous post was an attempt to show where the patch had been removed. When the team removed the patch, they apparently put a slight tear in the jersey on the top right area of where the patch was located as it does not appear to be a rip from game use.

The Cowboys wore blue at least twice in 1994 - at Washington on October 2 (Washington always wore white at home back in that era) and at Arizona on October 23 (the Cardinals historically wore white at home when the Cowboys came to town dating back to their years in St. Louis). A quick look at Getty's Images will substantiate this fact.

Peete did not participate in the game at Washington, but he came off the bench to lead the Cowboys to a come-from-behind win at Arizona after Aikman went out with a concussion in the first half. Peete threw for two TDs including the game-winner in the fourth quarter when Dallas scored the last 14 points to seal the 28-21 victory.

In my humble opinion, the jersey shows light use as it is not "crisp" or in "mint" condition, but there are no signs of obvious use such as rips, repairs, scraping, etc. I would set a higher price if it did.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

In taking a closer look through Getty Images, I found a photo of Rodney Peete in a blue jersey from 1994 handing off to Emmitt Smith. (See Getty Image #101626832 at this link http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/emmit-smith-of-the-dallas-cowboys-carries-the-ball-against-news-photo/101626832.) Unfortunately, you cannot see enough of the jersey to make any type of accurate style or photo match.

Interestingly, the caption says that the photo is from the 10/2/94 game at RFK in Washington, but if you observe the grey wall in the background of the photo, it looks like Sun Devil Stadium (definitely not RFK).

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Firststringer
02-12-2013, 09:55 AM
In taking a closer look through Getty Images, I found a photo of Rodney Peete in a blue jersey from 1994 handing off to Emmitt Smith. (See Getty Image #101626832 at this link http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/emmit-smith-of-the-dallas-cowboys-carries-the-ball-against-news-photo/101626832.) Unfortunately, you cannot see enough of the jersey to make any type of accurate style or photo match.

Interestingly, the caption says that the photo is from the 10/2/94 game at RFK in Washington, but if you observe the grey wall in the background of the photo, it looks like Sun Devil Stadium (definitely not RFK).

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Mark - email sent. Thanks.