PDA

View Full Version : brendan shanahan Final Game Stick

cheardjr
02-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Just curious on anyones thought on the value of this. I recently was thinking of selling it but a auction house told me i would get around $250 only. It's from the last game he played in his career in 2009 with the devils.

Authenticated by the Devils and NHL as his last game played.

pujolsisdaman
02-19-2013, 05:38 PM
email me at amsinvestments@aol.com. Please include pics and I am very interested.

Andrew

Flamechicken
02-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Let me say first off that I don't collect hockey sticks, I collect jerseys, so my personal knowledge of the current market value is limited. With that being said, if the last game used stick of one of my all time favorite players came up in an auction, I would be willing to pay much more than $250.00. It's all about finding the right buyer.

Did the auction house give you other examples and how they came up with that dollar amount?

Mike

TJordan522
02-23-2013, 12:42 AM
Is the stick photo-matched? I think that makes a big difference if so.

Joel_Brock
02-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Just curious on anyones thought on the value of this. I recently was thinking of selling it but a auction house told me i would get around $250 only. It's from the last game he played in his career in 2009 with the devils.

Authenticated by the Devils and NHL as his last game played.

The stick market isn't what it once was. Their offer was probably for a Shanahan stick in general and that was being generous. You would need ironclad proof that it was his last stick he ever used. Did he score a goal with it? All this goes into the equation. Gretzky used a new stick every shift of his last game so he could give each teammate a stick. Last one on the market sold for $1500 and was signed by Gretzky. Your stick would obviously fall well below a Gretzky stick. Final stick, signed, goal & ironclad proof $500 MAX.

cheardjr
02-25-2013, 09:21 AM
Wow thanks guys guess ill try to post a photo tomorrow. The authentication is actually from the Devils and NHL, ill try to findout what he did in the game.

pwrplante
05-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Did you want to sell the stick? If so I'm interested.

Dom
pwrplante@yahoo.com