PDA

View Full Version : Question about Kobe in Goldin Auctions

CPuente57
02-26-2013, 09:29 PM
I thought I read here that 06-07 Kobe Game Used Jerseys were Exclusive to Upper Deck. Should 06-07 Kobe gamers come with a UD LOA? Just curious

https://goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=2613&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=9&seo=2006-07-Kobe-Bryant-LA-Lakers-Game-Used-Jersey

hairyangryfella
02-27-2013, 03:46 PM
I was thinking the same thing, though it's from DC Sports who provided everyone with that information... confusing.

hairyangryfella
02-27-2013, 03:51 PM
The Kobe in the Mears auction also doesn't state any signs of wear... jeez there are so many needed questions on things these days...

KGoldin
02-27-2013, 03:56 PM
I contacted Dave and Dan from DC Sports.
They are traveling but I forwarded them the thread and expect to address this shortly.
thank you
Ken Goldin

CPuente57
02-27-2013, 06:33 PM
First of all Ken, thanks for the quick response. It's really cool how you check the boards and try to find out as much info as possible. Appreciate it! Hairy, I saw Mears removed game worn on that Kobe Jersey. They also addressed why they put the item in the game worn category. The Pro Cut Thread must've been brought to their attention

hairyangryfella
02-27-2013, 07:52 PM
First of all Ken, thanks for the quick response. It's really cool how you check the boards and try to find out as much info as possible. Appreciate it! Hairy, I saw Mears removed game worn on that Kobe Jersey. They also addressed why they put the item in the game worn category. The Pro Cut Thread must've been brought to their attention

Oooh that's interesting, shame that the tag number isn't in the database (as either game used or just issued) - what's the point of having it?

Also, they've changed the heading and description, but still have this :p

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotImages/54/67019d_lg.jpeg

CPuente57
02-27-2013, 08:18 PM
They also still say the jersey was donned by Kobe during the 11-12 season, so it's still kinda confusing and contradicting. Maybe they should remove that wording as well

CPuente57
03-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Ken

Just checking if you got any more info on this Kobe Jersey. Thanks

plinvestments
03-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Ken

Just checking if you got any more info on this Kobe Jersey. Thanks

Chris,

UD had full marketing rights to the 2006-07 jerseys but it doesn't mean that there weren't jerseys held by Kobe himself, family, friends, and team personnel. This jersey falls into that category and has been authenticated by DC.

Full disclosure: I am the consignor.

trsent
03-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Chris,

UD had full marketing rights to the 2006-07 jerseys but it doesn't mean that there weren't jerseys held by Kobe himself, family, friends, and team personnel. This jersey falls into that category and has been authenticated by DC.

Full disclosure: I am the consignor.

That final line has to be one of my favorite posts in a long time on this forum. Thanks for disclosing your interest so no one can make an issue of your post.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you contribute to our family!

KGoldin
03-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Chris
DC was the one who posted about UD and Kobe jerseys for 06-07 correct? They are also the ones who authenticated this jersey as 06-07 Lakers game used. I cannot imagine they would do so without knowing where it came from and that it was game used.
I can tell you I have had numerous players in my career under 'exclusive contracts' to me. I know 100% virtually every one of them did something that the letter of the contract would not have allowed, but was done innocently or not knowingly.
IF UD had Kobe under exclusive agreement for game used jerseys in 06-07. i can guarantee the language would read something like 'player will not sell his game used jerseys for compensation to any company besides upper deck. Nothing in this agreement prohibits player from keeping his jersey or giving as a gift to a family member or for charitble purposes'
The jersey could have come from a team employee, charity, friend, etc.
I honestly do not know. I do know, from specific and personal experience second to none in having players under 'exclusive contract' that just because you have someone under exclusive product does NOT mean you will never find there product elsewhere...it pissed me off every time, but it happens.
I have made requests of DC sports to come on here and post. I will request it again.
regards
Ken Goldin

KGoldin
03-06-2013, 01:10 AM
I received an email from DAN at DC sports
He tried posting twice but got booted from system for some reason.

Basically Upper Deck had an exclusive but that did not mean they got all the jerseys 'Ken i looked at the jersey in your auction and it is good! I emailed one of the people who posted'

He is going to try to get his sytem error with GUU fixed, but i am posting this for him

DConLA
03-06-2013, 02:02 AM
upper deck did have an exclusive in 06/07 on kobe jerseys and had a promotion on ebay selling his 1st #24 and any kobe jersey from upper deck should have a LOA from them but all of kobe's jersey didn't go to upper deck and after looking at this jersey it is a good one and at that price i think ill bid to DAN

dceniceros248@yahoo.com 323 257-4898

CPuente57
03-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the clarification and info!