PDA

View Full Version : Game Worn Hats vs. Retail Hats..........

kylehess10
11-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Is there a difference between retail hats and the hats worn in games?

allstarsplus
11-06-2006, 04:30 PM
I can't speak for every team, but the New Era caps are generally tagged slightly different for game vs Retail.

The cap on top is the "game" cap.

http://members.aol.com:/allstarsplus/soriano_cap3.jpg

staindsox
11-06-2006, 09:28 PM
I looked at several of my retail hats and then a few of my game used hats...they are exactly identical.

Chris

MikeSimon
11-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Which teams are those Chris?

kylehess10
11-06-2006, 10:09 PM
I looked at several of my retail hats and then a few of my game used hats...they are exactly identical.

Chris

Same here, I only have 1 game worn hat and it's the same as the retail hat

staindsox
11-06-2006, 10:59 PM
The Twins and Red Sox are the two I have exact matches on.

suave1477
11-07-2006, 09:30 AM
I have several Game Used Yankees hats and they are the same as Retail hats.

allstarsplus
11-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I have several Game Used Yankees hats and they are the same as Retail hats. I agree on the Yankees that the tagging is the same but there appears to be a small difference I found in the Yankees gamer which had a thin stitch of dark thread at the bottom inside of the cap vs. white thread on the retail cap.

Let me know if you see that difference. That was one example of looking at one cap so all of them may not be that way.

The same can be seen on the cap photo above.

suave1477
11-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Allstar, i wouldn't say that is a difference as am currently wearing a Yankees retail hat and it has the black stitching in it.

So I guess thats just a manufacturers thing, they use whatever thread is available, but it doesn't seperate gamers from retail.

allstarsplus
11-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Allstar, i wouldn't say that is a difference as am currently wearing a Yankees retail hat and it has the black stitching in it.

So I guess thats just a manufacturers thing, they use whatever thread is available, but it doesn't seperate gamers from retail. If yours has that, then it sounds identical. I don't follow the game used cap market, but that creates for some team caps a real issue telling gamer vs. Retail.

I deal in the Nationals game used caps and there is different tagging so that makes it easy.

I have purchased several Yankee caps all from Steiner so I feel comfortable regardless of the tagging that they are the real deal.

stkmtimo
11-07-2006, 04:16 PM
I have some Astros game worn hats (including a Morgan Ensberg currently on eBay):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190049295773

I can send people more photos of the inside of the hat but it, like my retail Astros hat, has the same tagging in it, as do the rest of my game used hats. I really don't think there's any difference between the two.

Tim