PDA

View Full Version : flannel jerseys

momen55
03-01-2013, 07:15 PM
besides dry cleaning these type of jerseys, what other ideas are out there to take the stink out? i bought a throwback flannel and it stinks! i have never washed flannel before so i don't know what will happen. ideas, solutions are welcome.

flaco1801
03-15-2013, 10:52 AM
keep the stink...dont wash it...keep it in the closet and maybe in a few years when you decide the smell is overwhelming you wont lose money....

momen55
05-26-2013, 03:09 PM
back to this topic. can i wash the jersey? has anyone done this?

Mark17
05-27-2013, 11:57 AM
back to this topic. can i wash the jersey? has anyone done this?

Game jerseys are washed all the time by the teams, after every game in fact. Of course you can wash it. The only reason not to would be if you have a photo match that includes dirt or other stains that would come out in the wash. I'd suggest warm water and mild detergent.

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion of what I'd do. I have washed flannel jerseys in the past with no problems. Personally, I think getting rid of the stink (which is caused by living/dying bacteria) might lengthen the life of the jersey, and maybe keep it from becoming discolored.

If you ruin your jersey I accept no liability. :-)

Good luck,
Mark

jtnatalierica
05-28-2013, 03:06 PM
where are these knock-off sites to find the cheaper M & N jerseys?Can you list the sites to check out? And when are the Friday blackout dates to get the deals?