PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on a Chipper Jones Bat Photo Match; First Photo Match I've Done

wjyoung
03-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Hi, I need some expert opinions on a photo match that I'm pretty confident about. The bat is a Chipper Jones Glomar Enterprises. I know he used this model along with Rawlings and a couple others from 1999-2004. I managed to style-match a lot of photos from that time period on Getty. But I think I found a photo match for one of my Glomars from May 30, 2004 (Unfortunately he went 0 for 1 with a K in a PH appearance in this particular game, but thats beside the point). The bat is broken in half from the handle up, and I don't have the other half to be able to compare knobs from the picture.

I've uploaded the picture from Getty along with the picture of my bat from a similar angle. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Here's the link to the Getty image if anyone knows how to enhance the picture to get a better look at the barrel: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/chipper-jones-of-the-atlanta-braves-swings-at-the-pitch-news-photo/51223721

Thanks again.

Clemson2004
03-07-2013, 04:44 AM
You need some more pictures. The picture angle on the bat as it is in the picture would help, as well as the logo. I know some could match it, but would help. I am an avid braves fan, so I am excited to see if this is one of his bats. They are retiring his jersey this summer.