PDA

View Full Version : larry bird ebay

mickeymbz
03-09-2013, 01:21 AM
does anyone have input on this 87 larry bird rose jersey on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LARRY-BIRD-1987-CELTICS-GAME-USED-WORN-VINTAGE-ROAD-JERSEY-/171003650647?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d09ca257

otismalibu
03-09-2013, 08:54 AM
I'd go after his Rose jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PETE-ROSE-GAME-USED-WORN-REDS-1975-ROAD-JERSEY-/171003632712?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d09c5c48

It has such a rich history.

http://www.mearsonline.com/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=776&cntnt01returnid=98

nickacs
03-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Ah, good 'ol Greg Walker. Another fine scum of the earth ripoff artist!
Just do a search on his name and you'll find multiple threads of his doing's on here.
Stay faaaaar faaaar away!

mickeymbz
03-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Ah, good 'ol Greg Walker. Another fine scum of the earth ripoff artist!
Just do a search on his name and you'll find multiple threads of his doing's on here.
Stay faaaaar faaaar away!
thanks for input! plus it comes with a mears A8,,,,, another shoddy job signed off by troy

sox83cubs84
03-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Now having read this post, Mickey, I see the photo you were trying to email me. I have never seen the number on a separate tag from the "LB notation on a gamer Sand-Knit jersey. I'd never say never, but when the first one I see is a Bird, I'd pass.

Dave Miedema

mickeymbz
03-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Now having read this post, Mickey, I see the photo you were trying to email me. I have never seen the number on a separate tag from the "LB notation on a gamer Sand-Knit jersey. I'd never say never, but when the first one I see is a Bird, I'd pass.

Dave Miedema
ive never seen one either,,, but here's anotthe one from Mears database with a A10 grading,,,,,,NOT like that means a Helleva whole lot!!

trsent
03-10-2013, 07:17 AM
ive never seen one either,,, but here's anotthe one from Mears database with a A10 grading,,,,,,NOT like that means a Helleva whole lot!!

What does that mean? Sounds like you are discrediting MEARS's knowledge. Do you have a reason to believe they are wrong, if so please elaborate otherwise I don't understand your comment if you are going to use their photograph if you don't trust them?

mickeymbz
03-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Did my last post state specifically anywhere that the pic posted was bad ...or good?!NO.. i was merely pointing out with the pic in response to Dave's point about the seperate LB tag and number tag signafying the length. As far as my last sentence in that post , it is in reference to a lot of poor evaluations and issuances of letter of opionions by this company to some bad items, which was even noted by the president himself about items below 500.00. there are numerous bad items littered thru-out ebay, as we speak right now, with LOO from this company. and the seller of this bird shirt also has a pete rose shirt that had initially been issued a LOO and then redacted...why issue it in the first place??? why not evaluate it better and NOT issue a LOO? and if this image is floating around the internet then i find its NO big issue of posting it here. all of these points have been noted in the Mears practice thread.,, and as your bias toward this company.

tcfor3
03-10-2013, 11:31 PM
I have had several Washington Bullets Sand-Knit jerseys from 1986-87 and 1987-88 seasons in my collection that I received directly from the equipment manager in 1989 that all had the extra length tag as a seperate tag.

trsent
03-11-2013, 01:02 AM
Did my last post state specifically anywhere that the pic posted was bad ...or good?!NO.. i was merely pointing out with the pic in response to Dave's point about the seperate LB tag and number tag signafying the length. As far as my last sentence in that post , it is in reference to a lot of poor evaluations and issuances of letter of opionions by this company to some bad items, which was even noted by the president himself about items below 500.00. there are numerous bad items littered thru-out ebay, as we speak right now, with LOO from this company. and the seller of this bird shirt also has a pete rose shirt that had initially been issued a LOO and then redacted...why issue it in the first place??? why not evaluate it better and NOT issue a LOO? and if this image is floating around the internet then i find its NO big issue of posting it here. all of these points have been noted in the Mears practice thread.,, and as your bias toward this company.

Looking at your history of posts time and time again you attack MEARS work in the industry, so obviously you are against them and you have an agenda to attack them, which I assume was the purpose of this thread in the first place.

Good job, continue to make posts attacking a company that ties to do the right thing for the hobby - They are human but at the end of the day they try to do what's best for the hobby now and in the future.

If you don't like them don't use their service but attacking them every few posts just shows you have other plans than to work with everyone on bettering the hobby.

mickeymbz
03-11-2013, 01:31 AM
Looking at your history of posts time and time again you attack MEARS work in the industry, so obviously you are against them and you have an agenda to attack them, which I assume was the purpose of this thread in the first place.

Good job, continue to make posts attacking a company that ties to do the right thing for the hobby - They are human but at the end of the day they try to do what's best for the hobby now and in the future.

If you don't like them don't use their service but attacking them every few posts just shows you have other plans than to work with everyone on bettering the hobby.
whatev guy,,,you are the one with some agenda ..despite how many "errors" certain companys' make you are the first to jump in their defense..you are the one with the history of defense of not only this one but others.do you know these guys on a personal level?. if a doctor made these many "human errors" in their profession they appear before their respected board...and they to do it to whats best for their field. the posts you are refering to started with the previous 2 threads about a certain companys ethics...and this one started with an honest question to one of the members here via personal email and posts b/c interest with a shirt.

trsent
03-11-2013, 02:26 AM
whatev guy,,,you are the one with some agenda ..despite how many "errors" certain companys' make you are the first to jump in their defense..you are the one with the history of defense of not only this one but others.do you know these guys on a personal level?. if a doctor made these many "human errors" in their profession they appear before their respected board...and they to do it to whats best for their field. the posts you are refering to started with the previous 2 threads about a certain companys ethics...and this one started with an honest question to one of the members here via personal email and posts b/c interest with a shirt.

Whatever, you keep attacking MEARS in your posts and I'll keep defending them - Do you have problems with them from your past dealings with them?

You want to know if I know them, read my previous posts and see that I have known Troy Kinunen for over 20 years now and I'll put his reputation and integrity up against anyone else in this industry.

I won't do that for many people. So, yes, I have a history - I have nothing to hide but it gets old. Have you ever complimented MEARS for work well done or have you found 2-3 errors that you jump all over every chance you get because you had a problem with them yourself in the past?

I'll put MEARS up against any other independent 3rd party authenticator in this industry and trust them as much if not more for the research and work they do to keep this business honest. Thousands of proper authentications is something I know Troy is very proud of.

Random attackers with an agenda of revenge are just sad individuals continually looking for trouble on a message board. So Mick Wong, what's your past issue that leads you to a lifetime of attacking MEARS? There must have been something that rubbed you the wrong way.

Maybe if you picked up the phone and discussed your concerns with Troy Kinunen you'll see his project differently. I'm sure you can find their phone number on their web site - Try it and see before you continue to make this a personal attack against me now that you don't like my genuine concerns about the purpose of your posts.

(Oh and yes, if anyone asks, I have not discussed this thread with anyone at MEARS as of this posting)

mickeymbz
03-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Whatever, you keep attacking MEARS in your posts and I'll keep defending them - Do you have problems with them from your past dealings with them?

You want to know if I know them, read my previous posts and see that I have known Troy Kinunen for over 20 years now and I'll put his reputation and integrity up against anyone else in this industry.

I won't do that for many people. So, yes, I have a history - I have nothing to hide but it gets old. Have you ever complimented MEARS for work well done or have you found 2-3 errors that you jump all over every chance you get because you had a problem with them yourself in the past?

I'll put MEARS up against any other independent 3rd party authenticator in this industry and trust them as much if not more for the research and work they do to keep this business honest. Thousands of proper authentications is something I know Troy is very proud of.

Random attackers with an agenda of revenge are just sad individuals continually looking for trouble on a message board. So Mick Wong, what's your past issue that leads you to a lifetime of attacking MEARS? There must have been something that rubbed you the wrong way.

Maybe if you picked up the phone and discussed your concerns with Troy Kinunen you'll see his project differently. I'm sure you can find their phone number on their web site - Try it and see before you continue to make this a personal attack against me now that you don't like my genuine concerns about the purpose of your posts.

(Oh and yes, if anyone asks, I have not discussed this thread with anyone at MEARS as of this posting)
Ok thas fair,we will continue to agree to disagree,and YOU, Joe alpert good luck in trying to gain position at this co. or others

MSpecht
03-11-2013, 11:16 AM
This thread will be locked, and members reminded to stay on-topic.
Thanks.