PDA

View Full Version : Jason Isringhausen Game Used Fielders Glove

TNTtoys
03-09-2013, 06:14 PM
All,

For sale is a game used fielders glove, worn in professional games by relief pitcher Jason Isringhausen, World Series Champ, original "Generation K" pitcher and member of the 300 saves club.

It's a late career glove, likely worn sometime between 2008 and 2011 (either for the St. Louis Cardinals, Tampa Bay Rays or the New York Mets).

The glove is a black Louisville Slugger TPX Pro X1200B model, with "Izzy" embroidered in script on the thumb. The glove exhibits good use.

Looking for $350 for the glove.

If interested, please feel free to email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Nick

TNTtoys
03-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Adding some photos...

TNTtoys
03-12-2013, 09:19 PM
Guys,

I have made a mistake in dating the glove, as I missed out on a key detail that can be made out on all of the X1200B models from 2008-2011; the presence of a second TPX logo. My thanks to 2 different forum members who pointed this out to me.

After further research between myself and 1 other forum member, we have dated this glove to the 2004-2006 timeframe (Cardinals era), as we have found multiple photos of Izzy wearing the same style. This is in fact the height of his career, as he went to the World Series in 2004 and 2006 (WSC), and was an All-Star in 2005.

Here are a couple of photos of Izzy wearing this same style glove.

Nick

TNTtoys
05-15-2013, 09:47 AM
bump... though I have not actively shopped the glove this past month, it is still available.

frikativ54
05-15-2013, 10:50 PM
What do the stars on the back of the glove mean? Thanks.

TNTtoys
05-17-2013, 09:37 AM
What do the stars on the back of the glove mean? Thanks.

According to Louisville Slugger, stars were once used as a means for dating gloves, but eventually that system was stopped, and all gloves were given 5 stars.

frikativ54
05-18-2013, 08:31 AM
According to Louisville Slugger, stars were once used as a means for dating gloves, but eventually that system was stopped, and all gloves were given 5 stars.

Do you have any more specific details than those? Do you know at what point the dating with the stars stopped? And what they meant, when they still indexed dates? Feel free to email me, but I've searched everywhere for such information and can't find anything. Thanks for your help.

TNTtoys
05-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Do you have any more specific details than those? Do you know at what point the dating with the stars stopped? And what they meant, when they still indexed dates? Feel free to email me, but I've searched everywhere for such information and can't find anything. Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately I did not receive any further information as to when they stopped the star system to date gloves. I will email them again to try to get more detail.

Thought I'd also mention on this thread which has seemingly taken another direction) that the glove in question is sold.

frikativ54
05-26-2013, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=TNTtoys;324379]Unfortunately I did not receive any further information as to when they stopped the star system to date gloves. I will email them again to try to get more details.[/QUOTE0]

Thanks. I've been trying to get information on a few (presumably) mid to late 1990s TPX gloves that I own, and I can't find info anywhere. Two say "Horween USA Leather" on the right side of the inside of the gloves, one of those having four stars and the other, five. The third glove has "Genuine Steerhide Leather" on the side, with five stars on the back. I appreciate any help you can give me.