PDA

View Full Version : Willie Randolph line up card

64SHEA
03-11-2013, 02:41 PM
I have the lineup card from Willie Randolph's last game a Mets manager and I was thinking about putting it up for sale. I have no idea what to ask for it, any thought?

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz288/thebeast1011/Baseball%20Memorabilia/2013-03-11_15-35-58_415_zps106e6885.jpg

coxfan
03-11-2013, 03:28 PM
The Braves used to sell dugout lineup cards for $100 but dropped the price to $50. They framed them from Cox's last season and priced them at $250, I believe, with the frame. The Rangers had a stack signed by Showalter for $60, but had been unable to move them. You never know what a last game item might go for, but those prices might give you a sense of the market.

coletrain98
03-11-2013, 05:48 PM
mariners sell them for 100 for most teams 250 for yankees and bosox

64SHEA
03-12-2013, 10:25 PM
I guess I will just put it on ebay and see what happens hoping the framing and the fact its from his last game will make it worth a couple hundred dollars.

coxfan
03-13-2013, 07:39 AM
The fact that it's signed is a plus, since managers often don't sign these even though there's a blank for it and even when authenticated by MLB. (Of course, the official batting-order card handed to the ump must be signed; these dugout lineup cards are unofficial).

I can't tell from your photo, but I assume it's authenticated, so you should give the hologram number.

64SHEA
03-13-2013, 11:32 AM
I actually had it signed at a show he did here in New York two years ago, I have never seen any of his sold already signed. It is authenticated (BB886045). I emailed MLB at one point to see if they would add that it was his last game to the description but I never got a reply.

coxfan
03-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Interesting. Bobby Cox is the only one I noticed who regularly signed the "Manager signature" blank before authentication and sale. Showalter must've signed some with the Rangers, but it seems it's usually left unsigned. In another thread, it was noted that Leyland fills out and changes these dugout sheets himself, but it seems that the Bench Coaches more commonly are the ones who actually maintain these before and during games.

coletrain98
03-13-2013, 04:20 PM
mariners are always signed i don't know if the require it or if they just do, but Wedge, Brown Wakamatsu and McLaren always signed theirs

Chris78
03-31-2013, 12:07 PM
I bought a lineup card at the Phillies exhibition game against Toronto yesterday that reminded me of this thread. The lineup has intrinsic value to me because I attended the game after my older brother won 4 Presidents Club tickets ($325 value) to the Washington Nationals game against the Philadelphia Phillies where he was able to deliver the lineup card with Davey Johnson in the homeplate exchange. He won these tickets through the Nationals even though we are Phillies fans (he lives in the DC area).

The lineup card itself is historic in that even though the Phillies won 2-0, the Washington Nationals won their first NL East Title that night. It would also be from Bryce Harper's rookie season where he played the whole game. To me, if you are a Nationals fan, this lineup would definitely have some value to it. Yes, you may prefer the Nationals side lineup, but having the other dugout's side would still be cool to own. Charlie Manuel did not sign the lineup either.

I personally feel that the Willie Randolph Lineup would be no less than $250 to give you an idea. I also feel a lineup like the one I got yesterday is worth a couple hundred based on the history of the game.

Chris