PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant #24 Auction

Eric
11-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Hey gang-

Kobe Bryant fans, check out this press release I came across. He's auctioning the first #24 jersey and shoes..
Eric.

The Upper Deck Company
(760) 929-3056
don_williams@upperdeck.com

“Last 8” Hand-Signed Goods Tell The Stories of Kobe’s Brilliant Career in #8, and Set The Stage For A New Era in #24.

Retires Famous Number ‘8’, Unveils New Jersey Number For Start Of Season

– Details Provided on KB24.com

Carlsbad, CA – (November 7, 2006) – Imagine a world where you’re known by a number from the moment you first laced up a pair of high tops. Picture playing in front of hostile crowds on the road during the long NBA season and seeing fans wearing your Purple and Gold number ‘8’ passionately cheering your every move. Now, imagine the end that chapter and the beginning of a new era.

Kobe Bryant knows what it’s like to live through each of those moments, and he will re-live many of them when he unveils his new uniform number, unlocking the next journey in his all-world career. To commemorate his commitment and dedication to basketball Bryant will debut his number ‘24’ jersey at the start of the 2006-2007 season. Kobe details for the first time, in a video, the reasons behind the switch of his long-time uniform number at www.KB24.com.

To mark this event, Bryant and Upper Deck Authenticated (UDA), will give basketball fans and collectors a chance to bid on the last eight number ‘8’ jerseys he will ever sign, and eight unique framed autographed photographs – each with an inscription story detailing a milestone moment from Kobe in his own words and handwriting. Each of these items is a rare one-of-one. Also, bidders will have the chance to cast the winning bid for the first number ‘24’ autographed game-worn jersey ever-signed, and number ‘24’ autographed game-worn sneakers.

“It’s the evolution, as a player and as a person. When I look at these jerseys, I see a lot of stories. Moments where I have had triumphs, moments where I’ve stumbled…lets open up the next chapter.” ~ Kobe Bryant

“The auction of these rare items gives collectors and fans a chance to own a piece of NBA history and Upper Deck Authenticated is proud to be part of it,” said Tim Muret, vice president Of Upper Deck Authenticated.

The “Last 8” online auction, in partnership with UDA, will begin on Tuesday, November 7, 2006 at 7:30 P.M. P.S.T. at KB24.com. Each item will be available for bidding until Sunday, November 12.

Framed Autographed Photographs Available:

Kobe reflects on his famed High School career.
Bryant details his memories of winning the Slam Dunk contest during the 1997 NBA All-Star Game activities.
Kobe describes his feelings on achieving his first NBA Championship.
Number ‘24’ pens his thoughts on winning back-to-back NBA titles.
Kobe explains what it’s like to be named the MVP in the NBA All-Star.
Bryant inscribes the journey to win his third NBA Championship.
Kobe gives fans insight into what it felt like to be the youngest player in league history to score 10,000 points.
Kobe details what it felt like to drop 81 points in one game.
Portions of the money collected will go to the Kobe’s foundation, the Vivo Foundation - a charitable initiative dedicated to enhancing the lives of young people and making dreams come true through educational and cultural enrichment opportunities and financial support.

About the Upper Deck Company

Founded in 1988, The Upper Deck Co. is a premier global sports and entertainment-publishing company that delivers a portfolio of relevant, innovative and multi-dimensional product experiences to collectors, sports and entertainment enthusiasts.

###

hblakewolf
11-07-2006, 08:24 PM
Eric-
I read the release and tried to watch the video and I still have no idea WHY Kobe is changing to #24.

I was told that Kobe and his "POSSE" sometimes reads this Forum. Hey Kobe, let me ask you......"WHY FOR DOYOOOO BEE CHANGEN' 8 TA 24?"

I just shake my head at all of this garbage related to the current crop of NBA "stars" such as Kobe. Can you imagine Kareem, Parrish, etc. ever stooping to such lows as this type of self promotion and complete nonsense?:(

It's pretty sad, to say the least.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

otismalibu
11-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Can you imagine Kareem, Parrish, etc. ever stooping to such lows as this type of self promotion and complete nonsense?

Kareem preferred to change names.

Chief had a number that was too cool to change.

both-teams-played-hard
11-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Hey Kobe, let me ask you......"WHY FOR DOYOOOO BEE CHANGEN' 8 TA 24?"

This is one of the weakest statements I have ever read on this forum. Of course Kobe is a jerk...but he is not un-educated. C'mon Howard, I thought you had more sense than that....

hblakewolf
11-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Greg-
Did you watch the video link with Kobe in the salon?

Regardless of Kobe's education, let us know if you still feel the same after watching it.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

encinorick
11-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Howard: During his playing days, Bill Russell wouldn't sign autographs for anyone, not fans, not friends, not even your old grandma. Then sometime later, when he needs the Benjamins, he signs an exclusive contract with Altman in Florida. Charged hundreds of dollars for each. I think a signed I/O BB went for $900. Now you can pick it up for $300. Great Celtic legend, just like Red.

both-teams-played-hard
11-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Greg-
Did you watch the video link with Kobe in the salon?

Regardless of Kobe's education, let us know if you still feel the same after watching it.

Howard Wolf

I realize this question wasn't asked to me. I watched the barbershop video three times and didn't hear anyone talking like Uncle Remus.