PDA

View Full Version : Tulowitzki jersey question

jwal23
03-18-2013, 11:39 AM
Been looking for a Tulo gamer for quite a while and stumbled across this one...as with most teams outside of the Astros and Rays I don't have a lot of experience in pointing out the good and bad points of GU jerseys from other teams so I was hoping for some advice on this or any other Tulo gamers that might be floating around out there...thanks

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=73675&c=%5CGame+Worn-Used%5CBaseball%5C&t=Open&p=0&s=

sox83cubs84
03-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Been looking for a Tulo gamer for quite a while and stumbled across this one...as with most teams outside of the Astros and Rays I don't have a lot of experience in pointing out the good and bad points of GU jerseys from other teams so I was hoping for some advice on this or any other Tulo gamers that might be floating around out there...thanks

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=73675&c=%5CGame+Worn-Used%5CBaseball%5C&t=Open&p=0&s=

From what the photos show, it's very likely a good one.

Dave Miedema

jwal23
03-18-2013, 04:41 PM
thanks, just wasn't completely sure about the tagging and the size especially with so few pics

xpress34
03-18-2013, 05:07 PM
jwal -

I live in Denver and have had a lot of various Rockies GU jerseys over the years.

The KSM patch and 2010 year tag appear to match well with my Mike McKenry Debut jersey from 2010 (sourced directly from the Rockies).

I do think the 'can be photomatched' statement might be a stretch - the Black vests are hard to photomatch and Tulo probably gets about 5 or so of that style per year if not more.

The 2010 Tag is one of the few times the Rockies have actually had any type of Date tag on their jerseys - they are notorious for many different tagging styles (or none at all) over the years and even in the same season.

I think the jersey looks good. There are LOTS of pics on line of Tulo in the Black 2010 Vest with the KSM patch.

If you don't win it, the Rockies sell his GU jerseys directly for $600 at their games when they become available. (At least that was last years price) Just an FYI.

All the best -

Smitty

jwal23
03-19-2013, 01:38 PM
jwal -

I live in Denver and have had a lot of various Rockies GU jerseys over the years.

The KSM patch and 2010 year tag appear to match well with my Mike McKenry Debut jersey from 2010 (sourced directly from the Rockies).

I do think the 'can be photomatched' statement might be a stretch - the Black vests are hard to photomatch and Tulo probably gets about 5 or so of that style per year if not more.

The 2010 Tag is one of the few times the Rockies have actually had any type of Date tag on their jerseys - they are notorious for many different tagging styles (or none at all) over the years and even in the same season.

I think the jersey looks good. There are LOTS of pics on line of Tulo in the Black 2010 Vest with the KSM patch.

If you don't win it, the Rockies sell his GU jerseys directly for $600 at their games when they become available. (At least that was last years price) Just an FYI.

All the best -

Smitty

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! I'm sure I'll be in touch in the near future