PDA

View Full Version : photo guys-help...ok..anyone help

dmbbfan
11-08-2006, 02:46 PM
some of you may remember this item that i picked up and posted about on sept 17th. i finally fount the time to actually start looking into it and research.

all eight pics laquered onto this board are from adel iowa high/junion high school. there are 4 basketball teams on the left and 4 football team on the right. they are for a period of 4 years in the 20's. underneath each pic is a very fragile piece of typed paper, listing the names of each player, pasted onto the bottom of each photo.

on the 3rd pic down there is a player named KINNICK listed. hmmmmm, nile kinnick of iowa hawkeyes fame was originally from adel, iowa. i believe the same person listed as kinnick on the fb pic is also on the basketball pic next to the kinnick fb pic. as far as my current research has found, nile kinnick and a player named STACY were the backbone of the adel fb and bsbk team, dm register files only list last names. on this fb pic with the KINNICK listed is a player named STACY and he is standing 2nd to the left of KINNICK.

now my question........i am a vintage baseball collector so im at a loss on kinnick.

can any of you help me to positivly identify this youngster as nile kinnick. i am so far unable to locate and images of kinnick as a teenager.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

suave1477
11-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Are you able to find pictures of him as an adult? You really wouldn't need a picture of him as a youngster I would imagine his features didn't change all that much and by looking at the pictures you have posted he has very strong faetures that I am sure he would not grown out of.

Remember he is in junior high school in these photos so he has already passed the point of puberty so his features shouldnt have changed that much.

slidekellyslide
11-08-2006, 07:44 PM
You know that sure looks like him, but what makes you think it's 1920s? Early 1930s would make more sense if it is him since he won the Heisman in 1939.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/2264/baender1smallvs5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

dmbbfan
11-09-2006, 12:04 AM
in between the top pics is the same typed paper the names are typed on. the paper next to the basketball pic has the year 1925 typed on it along with the names of the towns they played against that season as well as the score for each team. the one next to the top football pic is also typed out in the same manner. the large on between the next pics is also typed the same way only on a single piece of paper. 1926 is typed on that one. in the fb pic with kinnick on it the player front row center is holding a football with the year 1927 painted on it. the bottom basebatball pic has 2 trophies on the table along with a plak that says 1928, under my 10xloupe looks like a 9 but bet its an 8, iowa high school athletic association basket ball class ?A or AA? sectional.

he seems kind of old in those pics to me since he was born in 1918, he would be only 9 at the time. however he had 2 brother but bother weer younger.

thanks for your assistance suave1477 keep your thoughts comming your ideas will surely help.

craig

suave1477
11-10-2006, 10:13 AM
dmbbfan, well it depends how serious you want to find out this information????????

You can always call the school itself and seewhat records they have on during that time period, believe it or not schools will give you some information for whatever they have on record. You could call them and tell them your in college writig a report and your doinf research.

I actually did this at Alex Rodriguez's high school, I wanted to know some information on him that would be confirmed by his school, so I called them and they told me everything that I needed to know about ARod.

Mind you they are not going to give you personal information!!!