PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory Live Auction Info

Eric
11-08-2006, 07:14 PM
From the ol' email box

Hunt Auctions, Inc. November 10th & 11th, 2006 Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory Live Auction will close to online bidding tomorrow, Thursday Nov. 9th, at 5:00 PM EST. To view the online catalogue and place bids please go to the "Current Live Auction" section of our website at http://www.huntauctions.com (http://www.huntauctions.com/). For telephone line reservations please call 610.524.0822 by 5:00 PM EST Thursday Nov. 9th. ***NOTE: In conjunction with the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory appraisal fair, numerous high quality items have been consigned as late additions including decal bats (NM condition), a baseball coin operated game, Babe Ruth advertising display, and several others. These items are viewable online as lots 640a-641a. Thank you

indyred
11-11-2006, 02:28 PM
I was downtown Louisville this morning and I went in and checked it out for a bit. The place was very busy. I mainly just wanted to pick up a catalog to look at, but they wanted $16 for one. So I just took a few pictures of stuff. I'll post some here. Not exactly sure what everything was.
Here is MVP signed bat. The letter says it's limited to 9.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b279/tmit12/lspuckmadcars079.jpg
Not sure if this is a Mantle gamer or not, dirty and did have stains on it....

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b279/tmit12/lspuckmadcars074.jpg
I think these were jerseys from the Negro throwback games. The Brewers and the Royals I believe used these. The one is a Yount coaches jersey signed I believe. I was wondering where the road versions of these went for the Brewers......
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b279/tmit12/lspuckmadcars085.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b279/tmit12/lspuckmadcars080.jpg
Some nice dirt stains on these...
Some bats
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b279/tmit12/lspuckmadcars073.jpg

rose14
11-11-2006, 05:49 PM
The auction had some pretty nice items. I picked up three of the Turn Back the Clock jerseys from the Royals-Brewers series this year. The Tony Graffanino and Matt Stairs jerseys came with pants while I also picked picked up a the Ben Sheets Milwaukee jersey. I also picked up a nice Arod game used Yankee jersey that has a nice huge autograph as well as a late 1970's Johnny Bench game used and autographed bat.

TNTtoys
11-11-2006, 06:16 PM
This is the first ever Hunt auction that I participated in, and I am wondering about their communication, or lack thereof. I placed bids on lots 391 and 393. I received an email notification stating the following...

<<
Nick:
Thank you for your Electronic bid placed with Hunt Auctions, Inc.
You may change, add, or delete bids up until the absentee bid deadline by phoning our office.
Following are the lot(s) that you have already bid upon:

391 - Lot of (2) Kansas City Monarchs auto. game worn je - $201.00

393 - Lot of (3) Milwaukee Bears auto. game used jerseys - $301.00

If you have any question, please contact us at 610-524-0822 or by
email at info@huntauctions.com (http://us.f554.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=info@huntauctions.com&YY=40217&order=down&sort=date&pos=0)
>>

This was the last time I heard from them.

I bid fairly low because I was just looking to buy the items to sell at some time later (no emotional attachment to any).
I just checked the prices realized for the auction to find the following:

391 $488.75 392 $402.50 393 $258.75
Now, surprisingly, lot #393 is sold for less than my bid and there has been no communication from the company whatsoever.
What are your experiences with them? How were you guys notified that you won items in this auction?

Thanks,
Nick

indyred
11-11-2006, 06:16 PM
It looked like there was real nice stuff. I never even knew they had those Brewers and Royals throwbacks in there. Was there quite a few different player's of them.

sayhey24
11-11-2006, 10:25 PM
The major auction houses traditionally notify winners two or three business days after the final day of the auction.

Greg

rose14
11-12-2006, 12:08 AM
TNT, I am not sure what happened to your bids because I was the high bidder on lot #393. The price you see included the buyers premium. David Hunt was the person bidding on behalf of all the absentee bids while there were about 6 other people working the phones for phone bidding.

allstarsplus
11-12-2006, 09:07 AM
TNT, I am not sure what happened to your bids because I was the high bidder on lot #393. The price you see included the buyers premium. David Hunt was the person bidding on behalf of all the absentee bids while there were about 6 other people working the phones for phone bidding.
This is too strange. I thought I was the high bidder on #393 too. Here was my absentee bid from several weeks ago:

Andrew:

Thank you for your Electronic bid placed with Hunt Auctions, Inc.

You may change, add, or delete bids up until the absentee bid deadline by phoning our office.
Following are the lot(s) that you have already bid upon:

33 - 2006 Ryan Howard autographed National League All-S - $3,000.00 393 - Lot of (3) Milwaukee Bears auto. game used jerseys - $600.00 45 - 2006 Ichiro Suzuki autographed American League All - $1,900.00

If you have any question, please contact us at 610-524-0822 or by email at info@huntauctions.com

rose14
11-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Allstar, it looks like something happened with the lot # as I won lot #393 which was the Ben Sheets Milwaukee Bears jersey. The three jersey lot that you bid on was actually lot #394. I know there was a mix up somehow because when I checked out yesterday they tried to give me the 3 jersey lot, which sold for more money than my lot.

allstarsplus
11-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Allstar, it looks like something happened with the lot # as I won lot #393 which was the Ben Sheets Milwaukee Bears jersey. The three jersey lot that you bid on was actually lot #394. I know there was a mix up somehow because when I checked out yesterday they tried to give me the 3 jersey lot, which sold for more money than my lot.
Gotcha! I checked the Lot #'s and you are right, they mixed #393 and #394 so it looks like I won #393 although I haven't received any confirmations.

Were you there in person?

rose14
11-13-2006, 12:23 PM
Yes, I was at the auction in person. They must have not recorded your bid as I was the highbidder on lot #393 which was the Ben Sheets jersey. I already have the jersey in my possession. You might want to call them and aske them what happened as I am quite sure your bid was never entered by them.

Todd

TNTtoys
11-13-2006, 06:05 PM
I thought I'd post a follow-up to my original message here... Hunt Auctions gave me a call just now to explain that they had a mix-up with lots 393 and 394 and apologized for their error. Although I kind of knew what happened before the call, it was refreshing to hear it from the source.
I also made it clear to them that the intention of my message here with regards to these two lots was not one of 'bad press' but one of confusion as to the lack of communication and to seek information from other forum members who have had dealings with them before.
My thoughts at the time were "how could person x claim to have won a lot with certainty when the auction ended and I clearly had a higher bid on the table?". Nothing more, nothing less.
I appreciated the chance to clear the air with Hunt Auctions and although the auction didn't quite work out, their professionalism has guaranteed them a future customer in me.

allstarsplus
11-13-2006, 11:29 PM
I thought I'd post a follow-up to my original message here... Hunt Auctions gave me a call just now to explain that they had a mix-up with lots 393 and 394 and apologized for their error. Although I kind of knew what happened before the call, it was refreshing to hear it from the source.

I am happy to say that Christine called from Hunt regarding the 393/394 mixup and we won the 394 lot of 3 jerseys. In addition, we won the Soriano and Pujols All Star warmup/Bp jerseys.

I am impressed by their customer service. I had a similar problem with Geppi that did not have the same resolution and promises were not kept. It is nice to see that Christine from Hunt had read the Forum and called me to quickly resolve it.

Great work by the Forum and by Hunt!:D