Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trelude
    • Mar 2013

SD Padres game used home plate?

Hi I was wondering peoples opinions on if these was indeed a San Diego Padres game used home plate or? It is signed by Ryan Klesko . It was given to me by someone who worked for the Padres. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Trevor
    Attached Files
  • yanks12025
    • Jan 2006

Re: SD Padres game used home plate?

To me it doesn't look like it.

Comment

• trelude
      • Mar 2013

I just figure it has all the correct markings and why have klesko sign a used random plate. In kleskos early years on the padres they were playing at Qualcomm stadium and it was constantly rotated for the chargers,padres,and aztecs so I assume they would have used a plate like this that was easy to place and remove. Thanks for your input.
      Trevor

Comment

• mlupo
        • Jun 2010

Game used home plates have a black outline and are 3-4 inches thick and are around 25 pounds. I own home plate used at Comerica Park for the entire 2009 season, it is massive. I would assume it was used as a ceremonial 1st pitch so it could be given away to person throwing out the pitch or maybe for some sort of charity softball game during the off season.

Comment

• coletrain98
          • Nov 2012

looks like it was unscrewed from the black base and since they shared the field with the chargers is would make sense it would be easy to remove. i dont know in psa authenticates home plates but i think that would be the best way to find out.

Comment

• ironmanfan
            • Sep 2005

not game used...............

Comment

• trelude
              • Mar 2013

Thanks for all the feedback so far! Definitely some great input. Im just stuck on why have him sign a used plate of it wasn't related to the padres. Again thanks for all the input
              Trevor

Comment

• coxfan
                • Feb 2009

There are various possibilities, and it's unfortunate the guy who gave it to you didn't say. Maybe it was used in a bullpen? The Texas Rangers, through an outsourced group at their stadium, were selling the home plate used the first three months of the season for about $5,000. So it's hard to imagine someone giving you a game-used home plate. But it probably had some kind of use by the club.

Comment

Working...