PDA

View Full Version : New Member- MLB Authentication Question????

greg678
03-24-2013, 08:54 PM
New to the "Game Used" collecting hobby. Have a couple of questions about MLB Hologram Authentication.

Here goes Example # is LH419710 Derek Lowe jersey. The "description" is Fla at Atl, is this when it was pulled out of the clubhouse and authenticated? My guess would be with a bunch of other items also. Also in "Additional Information" line it references a game 6-25-09 against the Yankees. I checked and Lowe did take the mound that day. Is this saying it was worn on this date that Lowe pitched?

Other MLB descriptions do not have any other info than description, so how would you know if it is game used or just team issued?

Thanks guys. You are a very smart, experienced group and I appreciate any input you can contribute. Thanks!

esigs
03-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Welcome to the forum. If you look at the second sentence, it says "GAME USED JERSEY" right below the hologram number. If it was not directly witnessed by Authenticators as being used during a game, it would say "Game Issued Jersey" instead.

And since you verified that Derek Lowe pitched during that game, you can try to photo match it to be sure. It's likely that he wore in more than just the 6-25-09 game listed. Good luck!

ChrisCavalier
03-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the forum. If you look at the second sentence, it says "GAME USED JERSEY" right below the hologram number. If it was not directly witnessed by Authenticators as being used during a game, it would say "Game Issued Jersey" instead.

And since you verified that Derek Lowe pitched during that game, you can try to photo match it to be sure. It's likely that he wore in more than just the 6-25-09 game listed. Good luck!
Nice post James!

Greg, welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy it here.

-Chris

greg678
03-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Got it! Sometimes the answer is right in front of you, huh.

Just bought this jersey on ebay and will tried to photo match with ebay pictures and it looked off, but will check again when I get actual jersey. I felt comfortable with the MLB authentication though. At least until one of you guys says I shouldn't be.

My goal is to try to establish contacts, from here hopefully, and avoid places like ebay for future purchases. I will take in the info posted here and learn more before I go to jersey number 2. Just did the same thing when I recently bought myself a pinball machine. Went to a pinball blog and took tons of info in and bought a pin from a local collector I met throughout the site and was happy with the whole transaction.

Game used baseball items and pinball - match made in heaven.
Thanks for getting back

Klattsy
03-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Isn't it strange that the jersey was collected a month after the game it was witnessed being used? Would they have stuck a holo on it after the game and then gone back to collect in August? I mean it's good as it could have been worn again between the Braves/NYY game, but how would they keep track of it in between?

Greg - pinball + baseball sounds like the makings of a great Man Cave!