PDA

View Full Version : In honor of him reclaiming the #1 spot - Tiger Woods

Takuleechch
03-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Heres my glove worn by Tiger Woods during the MCI Classic in 1999
Story is that on the seventh hole he hit a double bogey. He then ripped the glove off his hand in disgust and threw it in the trash. The flag boy picked it up out of the bin straight away and here it is now.

Takuleechch
03-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Attached is a picture from gettyimages with the caption:
"18 Apr 1999: Tiger Woods grabs his head as he makes a bogey on the seventh hole during the MCI Heritage Classic at the Harbour Town Golf Links in Hilton Head, South Carolina."

What's everyone else got?

ChrisCavalier
03-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Cool story and nice glove!

-Chris

dolphanz
03-26-2013, 02:02 PM
WOW! That is amazing!

swainer
03-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Nice glove! I attended one of the practice rounds of the 1996 U.S. Open at Oakland Hills in Michigan. We decided to hit the practice range after watching some play for a couple of hours. Tiger was smacking ball after ball while Earl was sitting in his famous Titleist "director's" chair with his name on the back. After Tiger was finished, I walked up to him and asked him to sign a golf ball. He was still an amateur then but obviously popular giving his success. He signed the ball, I wished him good luck this week and he said thanks. A few months later I read an article advising people to watch out for fake Tiger Woods autograph golf balls. They asked Tiger and he estimated, to that point, he had only signed 30 golf balls in his life. Either they got the number wrong in the article or I am one lucky SOB. Either way, it was a really cool experience.

The ball is at my brother's house but when I go over there, I'll grab it and post a picture.

Peace!

sox83cubs84
03-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Nice glove! I attended one of the practice rounds of the 1996 U.S. Open at Oakland Hills in Michigan. We decided to hit the practice range after watching some play for a couple of hours. Tiger was smacking ball after ball while Earl was sitting in his famous Titleist "director's" chair with his name on the back. After Tiger was finished, I walked up to him and asked him to sign a golf ball. He was still an amateur then but obviously popular giving his success. He signed the ball, I wished him good luck this week and he said thanks. A few months later I read an article advising people to watch out for fake Tiger Woods autograph golf balls. They asked Tiger and he estimated, to that point, he had only signed 30 golf balls in his life. Either they got the number wrong in the article or I am one lucky SOB. Either way, it was a really cool experience.

The ball is at my brother's house but when I go over there, I'll grab it and post a picture.

Peace!

There was a point in time where Tiger refused to sign golf balls for nearly everybody, due to resale by dealers. He took his ban to the point where he was even, for a time, refusing to sign golf balls for fellow PGA Tour members who were trying to get them for charity fundraisers. This stance drew a rebuke from a couple of the old school PGA greats (I think it was Nicklaus and Palmer, but don't quote me on that).

Dave Miedema

gameused
04-01-2013, 05:04 AM
Here's a mint Tiger Woods signed Sports Illustrated magazine and a Tiger Woods 2001 Masters flag.

Both autos were obtained from a friend of mine thru Tigers former caddie Steve Williams.

Thanks,
Bobby
hawaii_five0@yahoo.com