PDA

View Full Version : Worth it to get PSA to numerical grade a bat?

Enyouartist
03-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Hi, I am getting several bats authenticated by PSA, but is it worth the extra $75 to have them put a numerical grade on the bat? Does it augment resale value?Not sure if its worth the extra $75. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Nnunnari
03-29-2013, 03:51 PM
If your bat is graded a 10, it will definitely go for a premium in any auction. It all depends on what kind of bats you're talking about, some obviously are not worth the extra cost of grading.

maverick14
03-29-2013, 04:49 PM
For vintage or high-end bats it might be worth it, if you're looking to sell.
If it's for your own personal collection I'd keep the money and put it towards buying more bats.

Enyouartist
03-31-2013, 12:50 PM
The bats are Bryce Harper Marucci models. One of them is photomatched to the night of his DoubleA debut. I would imagine that one would get a 10 since it's photomatched. I also have another bat with a letter from a teammte that it was used in the instructional league, Harper's first professional assignment.

Would only a 10 grade get a premium? I also considered just sending it to Ken Goldin and having him send it to PSA. Thanks for any advise.

cohibasmoker
03-31-2013, 06:36 PM
The only thing I'd look for in a LOA is whether or not the bat is authentic - I would not care what the numerical grade is. Just a thought.

Jim