PDA

View Full Version : Insight on TO throwback jersey

short84
03-29-2013, 12:50 PM
There has been a TO throwback jersey listed on eBay several times. It is

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Worn-Used-Terrell-Owens-Dallas-Cowboys-Throwback-Jersey-Prova-Tag-and-COA-/321097609302?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac2e8b056

What has concerned me is the COA which is signed by Lou Lampson. The COA mentions it was game worn during the 2006 season. It is referred to as a "gamer" that exhibits light use. It is tagged 05-48 with a Prova ID XAAC020905.

While doing a search using google, I found a game used TO throwback uniform that had a COA from Game Exclusives and the Dallas Cowboys. The COA states the unwashed throwback jersey/pants combination was worn by TO for both Throwback games in 2006 (Nov 23 vs Tampa and Dec 25 vs Philly). It is tagged 06-46 with a Prova ID XAF98B2641. This uniform originally sold in May 2007 during a Heritage Auction. It resold in Nov 2007 during an American Memorabilia auction.

I communicated this information to the eBay seller and the reply I received was that American Memorabilia was crooked and that his was obtained through Grey Flannel. This is irrevelant since the one that did go through American was a complete uniform (the same one that Heritage sold) and included the original COA from Game Exclusive and the Cowboys. There are some good photographs of it listed on the HA website and it shows good game use. The one on eBay, based upon the photographs, does not show that much use (the COA mentions light game use).

The point I would like to pass on is that when you are examining older Cowboys game used or issued items that have a Prova chip, please remember that Prova chips and id numbers were also attached to game ISSUED items. Since the website is no longer active, it is impossible to verify a prova id number. It is more than likely (just my opinion) the jersey listed on eBay is an issued jersey since the game used jersey can be verified by doing a google search and the true gamer has a different prova id number.

I have owned serveral Cowboys game used items that had Game Exclusive COAs and the company did obtain their items directly from the Cowboys. I also at one time owned a couple of issued Cowboys jerseys that had prova chips that I was able to verify when the website was active.