PDA

View Full Version : 2007 South Coast League Game Worn Jerseys-One Year Indy League

rschukay
03-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Back in 2007 there was an Independent Baseball League that was formed and called the South Coast League. The teams consisted of the Bradenton Juice (only played 3 home games and became a full travel team), Charlotte Redfish (Cecil Fielder was a manager), Anderson Joes, Aiken Foxhounds, Macon Music and the South Georgia Peanuts (Wally Backman was their manager and Playing For Peanuts documentary).

The league only last one year before folding. I obtained the majority of game used uniform jerseys from the league after they folded and while there are no major stars that played, the jerseys are top of the line, each with the 2007 South Coast League patch.

Each jersey (except for the Joes turn back the clock style-$95.00) is $80.00 plus shipping. Each jersey has all the letting and numbers sewn on and none ever had any names on the back. All the jerseys show use and none are abused. They are all made by Victory Sports. All the teams wore each style jersey for their games, they never really used any one style for batting practice.

I will consider trades. Below are the teams and style available:

BRADENTON JUICE - Orange and Blue.
CHARLOTTE REDFISH-Red and Blue.
AIKEN FOXHOUNDS-White and Black
ANDERSON JOES-Green, White (throw back stle), Yellow/Gold
SOUTH GEORGIA PEANUTS-Yellow and White.

I will hopefully post pictures of the jerseys this weekend.

momen55
03-29-2013, 03:48 PM
let me know about the juice. i was there clubbie. they had the white ones too. you have those?

momen55
03-29-2013, 03:59 PM

obpercent1
03-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Back in 2007 there was an Independent Baseball League that was formed and called the South Coast League. The teams consisted of the Bradenton Juice (only played 3 home games and became a full travel team), Charlotte Redfish (Cecil Fielder was a manager), Anderson Joes, Aiken Foxhounds, Macon Music and the South Georgia Peanuts (Wally Backman was their manager and Playing For Peanuts documentary).

The league only last one year before folding. I obtained the majority of game used uniform jerseys from the league after they folded and while there are no major stars that played, the jerseys are top of the line, each with the 2007 South Coast League patch.

Each jersey (except for the Joes turn back the clock style-$95.00) is $80.00 plus shipping. Each jersey has all the letting and numbers sewn on and none ever had any names on the back. All the jerseys show use and none are abused. They are all made by Victory Sports. All the teams wore each style jersey for their games, they never really used any one style for batting practice.

I will consider trades. Below are the teams and style available:

BRADENTON JUICE - Orange and Blue.
CHARLOTTE REDFISH-Red and Blue.
AIKEN FOXHOUNDS-White and Black
ANDERSON JOES-Green, White (throw back stle), Yellow/Gold
SOUTH GEORGIA PEANUTS-Yellow and White.

I will hopefully post pictures of the jerseys this weekend.

Anything from the Macon team ????
Thanks

rschukay
03-29-2013, 07:47 PM
From what I understand, the Macon jerseys were locked inside the stadium when the city put the padlock on the gates. I have 3 jerseys from the Music but I'm keeping them in my personal collection.

The white Juice jerseys were used as payment to an unhappy sponsor. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the white jerseys were only worn the first couple home games when the team played at Manatee Community College. My son was a bat boy for 2 of the home games and then also did a couple games when the Juice visited Pt. Charlotte.

momen55
03-29-2013, 07:52 PM
the orange was the one they used the most. i know as i was the one washing them. had i known i would have kept some, especially when they didn't pay me! i did manage to get a dozen baseballs and some fitted caps. i kept a few souvis, which my son now has.

rschukay
03-29-2013, 08:07 PM
I agreed to purchase every jersey from every team, but as it turned out, many were missing so I didn't pick up all the jerseys I was supposed to. I did obtain quite a few novelty items including stoneheads, pennants, logo baseballs, mini bats and even two or three mascot costumes. I think I also have copies of contracts as well as many other items. It is a shame because the level of play was pretty good and quite entertaining.

Jeffredsfan
03-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Do the Peanuts jerseys just say PEANUTS on the front or do they say South Georgia Peanuts?

rschukay
03-31-2013, 11:25 AM
The white jersey just says PEANUTS, not South Georgia.

Copa
04-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Do you still have a Fielder jersey available?

Ozric
04-01-2013, 10:25 AM
I agreed to purchase every jersey from every team, but as it turned out, many were missing so I didn't pick up all the jerseys I was supposed to. I did obtain quite a few novelty items including stoneheads, pennants, logo baseballs, mini bats and even two or three mascot costumes. I think I also have copies of contracts as well as many other items. It is a shame because the level of play was pretty good and quite entertaining.

Any game worn hats?

Thanks,

Tim

sandmanclan@sbcglobal.net

rschukay
04-01-2013, 10:51 AM
I didn't pick up the Fielder jersey, I assume he either kept it or an employee picked it up. Also, they never sold me any game used hats, however I do have the game hats, exactly as the team wore. I believe I have Aiken and some Anderson hats.

BTW, I'm sorry about not posting pictures, but when I attempted to so so, it said they were too large and could not be compressed. I asked someone who is much more computer literate than I, and they couldn't understand what the problem was since the photographs were already in a thumbnail? If anyone is interested in looking at the jerseys, respond to my personal email address and I can forward the pictures that way.