PDA

View Full Version : Laron Landry JO Sports

RMoody
04-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Full disclosure, I've bought from them for years. Im am well aware of the lawsuit and used my discretion to buy this, weeks ago. Personally, I felt JO was atleast taking steps to regain trust in the hobby, but what they did was deplorable. That said, they owned up to it and continue with the same company, damaged reputation and all. I respect that, it would have been easier and most likely more profitable to start over.

That said, what I got today was a little disheartening. The auction stated,

Accompanied with a Washington Redskins / J.O. Sports Co COA.

First off, I have Redskin COA items but nothing in the last 5 years. They never looked this way, or had a hologram. I understand that could have changed, so lets start a verifying that.

Secondly The other JO items I've purchased have very similar Raiders style COAs, and im not sure Jarrod would be issuing team COA's for multiple NFL teams. To a naive person "With The Authority Of the Washington Redskins", gives that impression.

I really got one COA that really a proffesinally worded "we bought this from the redskins, so were gonna sell it like we are the redskins" letter.

However, the real issue here is the integrity. After what they went through I have zero idea how any mistakes, that said...here's what I have.

A Landry jersey with a McNabb LOA and matching hologram.

A bag and tagging that appear to verify it did come from Washington, but not enough game use or markings to photo match.

Loooking for input, I want to buy more but I feel like I'm asking for it.

RMoody
04-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Having some issues posting photos, if somebody could PM me an email to send them too and post them for me I'd really appreciate it.

Mulligans
04-01-2013, 07:59 PM
I think the solution is to call them and voice your concerns.....I am sure that they will be happy to discuss any issues that you have.

I have bought from them for years and have had nothing but great service, but at the end of the day it's "Buyer Beware".

jhunt28
04-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Full disclosure, I've bought from them for years. Im am well aware of the lawsuit and used my discretion to buy this, weeks ago. Personally, I felt JO was atleast taking steps to regain trust in the hobby, but what they did was deplorable. That said, they owned up to it and continue with the same company, damaged reputation and all. I respect that, it would have been easier and most likely more profitable to start over.

That said, what I got today was a little disheartening. The auction stated,

Accompanied with a Washington Redskins / J.O. Sports Co COA.

First off, I have Redskin COA items but nothing in the last 5 years. They never looked this way, or had a hologram. I understand that could have changed, so lets start a verifying that.

Secondly The other JO items I've purchased have very similar Raiders style COAs, and im not sure Jarrod would be issuing team COA's for multiple NFL teams. To a naive person "With The Authority Of the Washington Redskins", gives that impression.

I really got one COA that really a proffesinally worded "we bought this from the redskins, so were gonna sell it like we are the redskins" letter.

However, the real issue here is the integrity. After what they went through I have zero idea how any mistakes, that said...here's what I have.

A Landry jersey with a McNabb LOA and matching hologram.

A bag and tagging that appear to verify it did come from Washington, but not enough game use or markings to photo match.

Loooking for input, I want to buy more but I feel like I'm asking for it.

So you're concern is that you got an incorrect COA? It happens...if you got a Landry jersey , with a McNabb COA, I'm pretty sure they will send you the correct COA.

As far as you having never seen a Redskins COA look like the one you received, but you havent seen a Redskins COA in over 5 years, what were you really expecting? JO makes up their own COA's with signatures from team reps. Not really sure what your complaint is about after reading your post? I'm not a huge fan of JO sports, or their past. But I'm pretty sure you can clear all of this up with a phone call to one of their reps.

Samets
04-02-2013, 10:41 AM
JO is pretty easy to work with. I had a damaged certificate and JO was very willing to help. I sent them the damaged one and a new one was made and FedEx'ed to me.

Give them a try!

Mattapan03
04-02-2013, 11:00 AM
In the past Ive gotten the wrong COA from JO but they corrected it quickly for me. Granted, at COA means nothing to me but I'd much have it correct than not.

My advice is to call them. They will fix it.

Do you have more details on the jersey?

short84
04-02-2013, 01:43 PM
I think a phone call would solve your problem. It is human to make a mistake. At least it is not as bad as one of the LOAs I got from Steiner Sports -- I purchased a game used jersey (it has incredible use) and the letter states it is an issued jersey. The letter has a game used hologram attached and the matching game used hologram is attached to the jersey.