PDA

View Full Version : keith hernandez jersey ebay

Jim65
04-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone new member long time collector.

I have a question regarding a Keith Hernandez jersey on ebay, the seller says its game style but it looks like a legit jersey to me. Opinions?

Sorry, I don't know how to post links but the item number is 230954243465

Thanks for any comments.

ousooner_85
04-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Looks like someone bought it or the seller removed it. Maybe Dave M. will chime in with his thoughts, he does amazing work!

sox83cubs84
04-05-2013, 02:14 PM
It does appear to be at least team-issued. That odd-looking Rawlings tag was used on a smattering of gamers in 1987, and the strip tag looks right. I think someone got a good buy.

Dave Miedema

Jim65
04-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks for information.

I'm sorry, I should have stated in my original post that I bought it. I took a chance because it looked good to me. Looks like money well spent.

CollectGU
04-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Jim,

Please email me if you are interested in selling, djob0001@yahoo.com

Thnaks,
dave

TNTtoys
04-16-2013, 12:28 PM
This jersey came from MEARS Auction #43 which ended November 3rd this past year. Here is a link to the auction page:

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=64456

The tag that was removed from the inside of the jersey was from Gerry Cosby Sports, who did authentic customizing of jerseys of this era.

While I for one have seen many Cosby tagged jerseys of this era (all retail jerseys), I don't believe I have ever seen one with a Set tag and a Strip tag. I would have to say that the jury is out on this one.

Maybe contact MEARS and see if they had any additional information on this one to lead them to believe it is just a retail version?

A side note -- it is nice that the seller sold it just what it was purported as when sold to him and not speculate that it could be something more. Definitely a trustworthy move.

Jim65
04-17-2013, 02:58 AM
Thanks Nick, for your comments. The label in question really baffles me, its either glued on or ironed on and the placement is weird. I have 1986 Mets jersey from Cosby's and it has a sewn in neck label, have you seen an ironed on Cosby's label?

TNTtoys
04-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks Nick, for your comments. The label in question really baffles me, its either glued on or ironed on and the placement is weird. I have 1986 Mets jersey from Cosby's and it has a sewn in neck label, have you seen an ironed on Cosby's label?

The label is not anything I haven't seen before, and the placement is common to the others I have seen. And they are all glued on.