PDA

View Full Version : SCP Auctions: 2009 Jimmy Rollins World Series Jersey Lot #953

Dewey2007
04-08-2013, 05:10 PM
There is a 2009 Jimmy Rollins World Series road jersey being offered in the upcoming SCP Auction. This jersey was originally labeled as game used but I contacted SCP and let them know that I actually owned J-Roll's game used 2009 WS road jersey and to their credit they changed the listing to game issued based on the information I provided. Here is a link:

http://catalog.scpauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=24826&searchby=4&searchvalue=953&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=2009-WORLD-SERIES-JIMMY-ROLLINS-PHILADELPHIA-PHILLIES-GAME-ISSUED-ROAD-JERSEY-(MLB-AUTH.)

The addendum states that the jersey shows "light wear". I cannot speak to the wear on this jersey but I can tell you that it was not worn at all in the World Series since my jersey was MLB authenticated to all 3 road games and has evidence of the invisible ink that was applied to the HK patch during the series by the Phillies for authentication purposes. My jersey also shows heavy wash wear and in addition to being worn in the WS was most likey worn during the last couple of months of the regular season as well as the NLDS and NLCS. To the best of my knowledge the Phillies did not issue new jerseys for the playoffs and/or world series and the players just wore the same jerseys that they were wearing at the end of the regular season for both rounds of the playoffs and then had the WS patch applied to those jerseys.